Illinois Babies
Options

Midwife in Loop Area?

Hello,

My husband and I are moving to Chicago from out of state and I was hoping to get some recommendations for a midwife or an ob/gym practice that also has a midwife. I am TTC and want to have some idea of who to call for my yearly exam or more if I get pregnant soon!  We will be living in the south loop and won't have a car so someplace nearby or easy to get to would be ideal. Thanks!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Anniversary

Re: Midwife in Loop Area?

• Options
    NMPG has a midwive practice- I used their doctors though.  Their office is north of the loop and a few blocks from Prentice (where they deliver).
  • Options

I used the midwives practice with NMPG.  I had a wonderful experience with them and would highly recommend. 

My one and only gripe was that when I was labor and they checked my cervix, one of the midwives stretched my cervix without asking my permission or telling me she was going to do it.  It hurt like helll (but then again so did contractions) and I was less than pleased that I had no warning before she did this.  But other than this, everything was perfect and they were very supportive and helped me deliver my son pain med free in the birthing tub.   

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"