Boston Babies
Options

Measured for Maternity/Nursing bras

I started out at a tough to find size (32D) and have only proceeded to get larger/harder. I've already had to go through 2 rounds of bra buying and again nothing I have fits correctly and nothing I've tried fits either.  I have tried looking at bra calculators so I can order online but most keep telling me to get sizes that I know don't fit. I really think I am currently around a 34H but I'm not sure and of course that isn't an easy to find size to actually try on and make sure.  I still have 1 month of pregnancy to go and I expect I will get even larger when I start nursing. 

I've been putting off getting a new bra because I expect the size to change again and I don't want to put out more money if I will just need to replace again soon. I've bought bra extenders to get a little more space and that worked for a little bit but then things grew .. again. At this point I am beyond frustrated not having a bra that fits correctly though and would love to have at least 1 that fits.  I assume that the typical places aren't going to be helpful for getting measured because of my size.  Does anyone have recs for where I can find help getting an accurate measurement???  You would be an absolute angel if you do.

Also, any recs for good nursing bras that are comfy/ still supportive? I've heard that I should look for wire free bras for nursing but wire free bras often leave me feeling saggy :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Measured for Maternity/Nursing bras

• Options
    I'm rocking a 40DDD these days, which isn't nearly as hard to find as a 34H, but I've had good luck at Lady Grace (www.ladygrace.com). If nothing else, they actually know how to measure you and know what they are talking about so they can give you good advice about what size to purchase even if they don't have it in the store. However, they have the best selection of unusual sizes that I've found. Good luck-- I feel your pain!
  • Options
    I can feel your pain! I started out as a 32D as well, and have grown enough to be able to go to the 34's.  I am currently outgrowing the 34DD, and I'm not sure where to go next...I haven't really started looking yet, but i would definitely like to find sizes back in the 32's since they are much more comfortable! If you find a place let me know, as I am still only at the beginning!! I think that any place that can give a good measurement will give you good advice about what size to buy, even if they don't carry them, but not everyone at the store will be able to be a good judge of size...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also, I think that the store Intimacy carries bras in the store up to an H cup.  I have read how they measure you in the store and spend a lot of time with their customers but  I haven't shopped their myself.
  • Options

I am currently a 32G and I really like this nursing bra...

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=49045&vid=1&pid=733500&scid=733500012

It's downfall is it only comes in white and black.  I would hold off on buying too many nursing bras now, when I was pregnant and right after the birth of my son I was a 36DD, then went down to a 32G.  I was a 34DD to start with.  Once I wear normal bras again it's going to be such a pain to find something!!!!

• Options

Lady Grace all the way.

~ 34J

• Options
    This may be a little late for you, but I've had great luck with breakoutbras.com, and they have a really good return policy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"