Detroit Babies
Options

Help! Hospital etiquette question.

After my baby is delivered we will have family at the hospital to see us. What is the appropriate amount of time to let them stay and visit before I ask them to go?

Re: Help! Hospital etiquette question.

• Options
    Most likely they'll know when to go.  If not, just play it by ear and know that you have every right to say you're getting tired or something to get rid of visitors. 
  • Options
    kem717kem717 member
    I didn't deliver until 9:30 pm.  They came in around 10:30 and left around 11ish simply because it was late.  Also, any time I needed to nurse, they seemed to leave.  So if you want them to leave, just whip out your boob.  lol
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    As long as you want.....you may be tired & want them to leave sooner than later, don't feel bad asking them to leave, you just went through a tough & tiring process & need your rest.  If you feel bad asking them to leave, just ask the nurses to do it, they are more than happy to be bad cop.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Definitely let the nurses play bad cop! Also, nurses will be popping in constantly to check on you, which tends to make visitors uncomfortable (well, at least the guys!).
  • Options
    I second pp's- don't feel bad about kicking anyone out!  You will be very tired and when you need to rest, ask them to leave.  Everyone understands, most people are worried about overstaying their welcome anyway.  GL! 
  • Options
    Our ob/gyn recommended us to take an hour to ourselves with baby to connect with him, but we didn't listen.  Since he was a premie he had to go to nursery and they got to see him before i did.  I delived early in the morning and they stayed only an hour.  The next few days i called them when they could come (since i was napping here and there) and they would pretty much leave when i asked them to.
  • Options
    I would always make the men leave when I had to feed DD.  This was a natural segway into visitors leaving since they would usually come as couples.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"