Illinois Babies
Options

Who is having a December baby in Chi-Town? Oh, can't wait for spring play dates :)

Hi there! New to this site and just so excited to be a new mom soon! It sure is going to be the best Christmast present ever! I think it's a girl but don't know yet for sure! So kind of bummed that we are going to be stuck at the house cause Chicago weather will not let us go anyplace! So does anyone know of a cool, hip mommy and me class that is in Chicago that everyone must attend, no matter the price?

Re: Who is having a December baby in Chi-Town? Oh, can't wait for spring play dates :)

• Options

i had a december baby and it actually worked out pretty well bc i didn't have to worry about getting too hot at the end of my pregnancy. plus, my maternity leave was during the worst weather! so there's definitely some pluses to a winter baby. ;)

not into the mommy and me classes so hopefully someone else can help you with that.

congrats on your pregnancy!

click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Congratulations! I'm due in December too!  I live in Oak Park, so just west of the city.  I have an almost 3 year old and one thing we really enjoy is Musikgarten classes.  Not sure if they have those in the city, but my daughter really enjoys them.  MyGym is fun too.

Congrats again and good luck with your pregnancy!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hear MyGym is super fun! I can't wait, cause I'm a big kid myself. I'll be jumping around, lol!
  • Options
    Congrats! I'm having a January baby and dreading the weather a bit... We do classes at Bubbles and I think it's a lovely place. They also have open play every day included with the class price, so that's another chance to get out of the house. We've done Wiggleworms at Old Town too, which was nice, and mom baby yoga at Be By Baby, and I liked that. I did a month of Gymboree but all the branding made me cringe.
  • Options

DD is a December baby. I think your LO needs to be at least six weeks old to start most mommy and me classes. There are some great classes that are baby-friendly, but more focused on Mom at BeByBaby and at Galter LifeCenter (yoga, etc). Also check out Active Moms Club for some good ones.

Many of them say at least six weeks, more for you though, because you'll need to have medical clearance to exercise and whatnot.

For when they are a little older, I recommend (from experience):

Swim classes at Galter (heated pool)

Wiggleworms or Musical Magic

The Little Gym or Gymboree

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"