Orange County Babies

DD's First Dentist Appointment (repost from PA35)

DD's appointment with Dr. Chu this morning went great.  Thanks so much for the rec, Augs.  We always use our LOs names on PA35, don't know why.

So Keira had her first dentist appointment this morning, and she did so well!  The dentist had me sit K in my lap, and then we lay Keira's head down on the dentist's lap.  She didn't cry at all as the dentist examined her teeth, not even when she scraped them with that sharp metal scraper thingy (and her gums bled a tiny bit at the end, so the whole no-crying thing was extra impressive).  The only time she started screaming is when I wouldn't let her leave with 6 of the colorful pencils they give to kids as prizes, and I had to pry them out of her hand.  Smile

I have the hardest time getting to the bottom part of her teeth (they are the two bottom front teeth), so that is where there was a bit of tartar build up.  The dentist also said I have to floss between Keira's teeth, which I never really considered doing.  Tongue Tied

Re: DD's First Dentist Appointment (repost from PA35)

• augs06augs06 member
    Awww, big girl Keira!!  I'm so happy you liked her!  Isn't she fantastic? 

I promise that the flossing gets easier.  We're finally to the point now where she'll simply open her mouth and let me do it quickly.  It took awhile of H & I tackling the job together but even I can see the difference in her teeth from pre-flossing days.
    forcing sisterly love since 07.06.10
  • FLOSS!!??? LOL!!! We can barely get through a brushing in one piece.

Glad to hear she did well! Very impressive!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"