Pittsburgh Babies

Magee Hospital

Hi ladies, 

I am 12 weeks and plan on having the baby at Magee, and wanted to get some feedback from people who delivered there. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Magee Hospital

• 93020069302006 member

Hi there!

I delivered my baby at Magee's and had a great experience. The rooms are nice and comfortable and private, once your moved out of labor and delivery. The staff/nurses are very nice, patient and polite too. Their meals are surprisingly good.

I don't know what doctor you have but I went to OBGYN of Pittsburgh over in Oakland which is right by the hospital. Dr. Hazel delivered my baby girl.

My husband and I took classes there too which were very helpful and took a tour of the hospital. I would definitely recommend Magee's.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks so much for the feedback. My OB has an office at Magee , he is part of the Women Care Associates. We really like our doctor , this is our first baby , and he has been really great. If you don't mind me asking what classes did you take? My DH and I were thinking about talking the breast feeding class. I really want to do it , and am a little nervous about it. 

Do you know if you can take a tour whenever you want? 

thanks again  

• Loading the player...
  • 93020069302006 member

We took Baby Care Basics, an Infant/Child CPR class and Preparing for Childbirth that included a tour of the hospital. They were all really good and informational especially for a first time mom. I'm sure the breastfeeding classes are too because the instructors are very helpful and informative.

If you don't take a class that includes a tour you might want to ask the hospital if it's possible that you could schedule one. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They are wonderful!! I went into preterm labor and was transferred there from Washington Hospital. They take really good care of you and all of the staff is super nice.

Some complaints that I had was that I had so many Dr.'s that I couldn't remember their names,  the Dr.'s would come to see me at 5am and I wasn't even awake yet, and the Dr.'s never told me any discharge info!

I will tell you that the food there is good!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Thanks for all the great feedback! I have heard there are a lot of doctors , and my doc already told me that he might not be on call when I go into labor!  I think I will be ok , and by the time the baby is ready to come out I won't care haha 

• I asked for magee birth stories a few weeks ago - you might want to read this post:

https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/35878996.aspx

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Thanks a lot for the post .  It was great to hear so many great things about Magee 
  • I had both my kids there and im having my 3rd baby there. I had a wonderful experience both time! Its a great hospital!
  • MrsYamMrsYam member

I had my daughter at Magee and I plan on having #2 there as well. I got to Womancare Associates.

If you go on the Magee website and look at the classes, they have a seperate hospital tour for free. Thats what I did. It was nice to know where to go and all that kinda stuff. BTW, I would take the tour before your 3rd trimester. I was 37 weeks and it was standing for almost 1.5 hours. Not fun. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"