Oregon Babies

We start our birthing classes tonight...

Through Kaiser Permanente - Preparation for Birth.  Anyone on here taken this one?  It is 5 weeks (10 class hours total) and looks like it covers a TON of information.  We are first timers, so I was too scared not to sign up for a class, but am just wondering if you guys got anything out of it and/or any supplemental type classes you would suggest.  FYI - I don't plan on going natural b/c I am a wuss!  :o)

Re: We start our birthing classes tonight...

• pdxjennpdxjenn member

Everyone is different in what they "need" to feel prepared. I will say that I watched "Laugh and Learn about Childbirth" on DVD and felt ready.

When the time came... I had such a long and arduous labor/delivery that I came across almost evry scenario in the DVD's!! It was nice to have had some prior knowledge, but at the same time. It happens pretty fast and the dr's and nurses SHOULD be good about giving you information. Especially if you are having a medicated birth (I totally did, so that's not a judgy statement). Also, being a regular on the bump probably helped more than anything! I feel like I had heard about just about every scenario out there!

You can never have too much information! Just remember... labor is like raising a baby. As soon as you think you know it all you are proven wrong or things change.

Good luck!

• I took the class and liked it.  Mostly I was happy that DH took it, because I already knew 90% of the stuff from being on the bump, but he didn't know any of it.  Also, I had a few very specific questions and I really appreciated the instructor being able to answer them for me.

Is Joan your teacher?  We liked her so much, we hired her as our Doula!  : ) 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageThe_Jen626:

I took the class and liked it.  Mostly I was happy that DH took it, because I already knew 90% of the stuff from being on the bump, but he didn't know any of it.  Also, I had a few very specific questions and I really appreciated the instructor being able to answer them for me.

Our instructor is Virginia...we really liked the first class and she said we will be going over breastfeeding extensively, so I am glad about that too because I was thinking of supplementing with another class.  

• imageanvloveskme:
    imageThe_Jen626:

I took the class and liked it.  Mostly I was happy that DH took it, because I already knew 90% of the stuff from being on the bump, but he didn't know any of it.  Also, I had a few very specific questions and I really appreciated the instructor being able to answer them for me.

Our instructor is Virginia...we really liked the first class and she said we will be going over breastfeeding extensively, so I am glad about that too because I was thinking of supplementing with another class.  

Yeah with mine they spent a whole class on BFing, I think it was class #5...?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • There is a great birth class at Andaluz Water Birth Center. I found the information extremely helpful and you don't have to give birth at the Center in order to take the classes.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"