3rd Trimester
Options

Jaw Pain.... pregnancy related?

I have been having alot of pain in the left side of my jaw for 3 days now! It extends all the way to my ear when I bite or chew anything. Anyone else have this? I am thinking maybe its pregnancy related with the whole loosening of joints thing but I am not sure. I have an appointment on thursday when I will let the dr know but I am sure there is nothing to be concerned about. I guess I am just curious if anyone else has this?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Jaw Pain.... pregnancy related?

• Options
    That sounds like a tooth abcess. Go see your dentist.

• Options
    Hmmm, it's so funny you posted this.  I have had jaw pain on both sides every time I have eaten today. I have no idea why.  I was wondering if I have been clenching my jaw at night time...maybe from being uncomfortable or maybe I have been having contractions and not knowing it (I had one @ my dr appt today and had no idea until my MW told me). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I clench my jaw during sleep and have a lot of jaw pain.

Maybe you are doing it and you are not aware.  Esp with the stress of a new baby coming.   Good Luck!

• Options
    jenickjenick member
    I have had almost the exact same symptoms the last few days too!  I have no pain in my teeth, just the joint and my ear when I try to bite down.  Hmmmm????? 
    image ~1500mg Metformin~M/C: 7 weeks~9/3/2008~D&C 9/16/2008
    Beta #1: 268 (16dpo) ~ Progesterone 54 ~ Beta #2: 541 (18dpo) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I popped my jaw out of place on the right side last night when I yawned...popped back in after a few minutes, but happened six more timesTongue Tied.  Saw my ob today and she said it's normal, related to joint relaxation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"