Orange County Babies
Options

Pediatricians in Anaheim Hills/Serrano Heights?

Hi!  My kids currently go to the pediatricians in the Children Medical Group in Anaheim Hills, and I have another one on the way.  I have tried out almost all the doctors in their practice, and unfortunately have not been overly impressed with any of them.  Mainly because I feel like they all kind of lack that "bedside manor" and personal feel that I had when I had a pediatrician when I was a kid. 

Maybe it is too much to ask for these days, but I am hoping to find a practice that not only can get sick kids in the same day but also one where the doctor actually knows our family and our kids.  I don't want to feel like a number anymore!  Can anyone give any good recommendations?  I'm open to driving a bit if necessary...thanks so much!

Re: Pediatricians in Anaheim Hills/Serrano Heights?

• Options

We go to the same office and I am starting to feel the same way.  Maybe it's because I feel like I've been there so often. She had a 12 week long cough that is now being treated as asthma and after 3 weeks of treatments, she STILL has a cough. I am curious to hear any recommendations you receive.

I did NOT like the male doc there OR Dr Johnson. She TOTALLY rubs me the wrong way. I DO love Dr Aguilar though......

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Another Childrens Medical Group mama here & I wish I had a better recommendation. I had a horrible experience with Dr. Johnson that's resulted in actions being taken by the hospital I delivered at due to her refusal to release my daughter from the hospital unless I formula fed (she'll be eight months next week and I'm still BFing with no formula). I spent every day for the first ten days after my daughter was born at CMG and never once was seen in a timely manner even with appointments (which is just mean to do on a daily basis with a brand new mom!) & that pattern has continued. Our main doctor is Dr. Aguilar and while I don't mind her I agree that I don't get warm fuzzies in relation to bedside manner.... I like the nurses though.

We were looking for recommendations to switch to another in the area (you can call the Mother Baby Center at St. Joseph or wherever you delivered for recs - I know most of the lactation consultants have their favorites) but since we're closing on a house in Corona this month we're waiting and just switching to someone out there.

Socializing foster puppies since 2009
    image image
    Chart for TTC#2
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

wow I'm in Anaheim Hills and at 22 weeks pregnant thinking where am i going to go?!

My ob is in Yorba Linda but I was thinking of switching to a Ped that was in AH for a fresh start. I'd love to read about any recommendations too!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I go to Eclipse Medical Group, they have an office in Anaheim Hills & Corona (I go to the Corona office). I have been really impressed with their service. While in the hospital, I saw Dr. Halati and really liked him- he was really down to earth, he is only out of the Anaheim Hills office.

At the Corona office, we have seen Dr. Shih. He has always had great bedside manner and always taken his time with us and our DS.  For example, during the 1st appt DS was hungry before the doctor came in the room so I began to nurse him. When Dr. Shih came in, DS was still nursing. The Dr. told me to continue nursing him. Dr. Shih just sat down with us and talked with us about how our baby was doing & how we were doing. He wasn't in a rush at all. Once LO was done nursing, then Dr. Shih began his assessment.

Also, I really appreciated the call from the Nurse Practitioner I got 2 days after I was released from the hospital after birth. Her sole purpose of calling was to answer any of my questions/concerns. Being a new mom, I had so many questions- mostly in regards to breast feeding, she was great and talked to me for 20 minutes. Also, for the 2 appts I have been to, we have been the only ones in the waiting room- we have always gone on Tuesdays, which I think is a slow day for them. 

Also, when I told my OB which Pediatrician I chose. She absolutely loves Dr. Iseri (the head Dr in the practice). Her children have seen Dr. Iseri for several years. 

Here is their website:

https://www.eclipsemg.com/page/page/5330192.htm 

• Options
    USC girl! Thanks so much! I made an appointment yesterday to meet with the doctor and see the practice.  They were super friendly on the phone and I can't wait to meet them in early June.  They said I can come in for a tour and meet Dr. Iseri and his colleagues, their attention to customer service has already won major points with me.  I'll repost once I know more.  Thanks again for the recommendation!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"