Texas Babies

Delivery Room

I'm just curious...who will be in your delivery room?  My mom  in law asked me and my immediate reaction was "well I thought just me and my honey"  but am I supposed to include her and my mom?  My mom said she is fine with waiting in the waiting area.

I would love for them to be there during labor but when the pushing begins I think that should be an intimate momment between me and my hubby.  

What do ya'll think?  

Re: Delivery Room

• Well, I am a little different I guess. After my experience with my daughter, her idiot father wouldn't allow me to pick who would be in the room with me - in other words my family was not allowed by him - I want to be able to have whomever wishes to be there.

My daughter - who will still be 17 at the delivery - WANTS to be there with me. My hubby is still debating if he can hang with the delivery (he is a bit squeamish). My mom is a possibility. My daddy is a no no because he would be freaking out if I was in any pain and threatening to throw people out windows (he is a tiny bit protective of his only child *giggle*). I don't think anyone else, though I guess if either of my sister-in-laws would want to be there I would be cool with it. I couldn't be one of those people who had the entire entourage in there with them. You know like you see on TV? They have everyone and their dog in the room? That wouldn't be me. My hubby has already nixed the video taping thing (which in truth I would have kicked the dang thing out of someone's hands if they had one on me...don't be taping my private parts dang it!) Like I said - I'm a little different. :)

• My husband and my mom were in there.  My mom and I are super close and I wanted her in there... and she *really* wanted to be in there and I thought, why not? She stayed at the end of the room while I was pushing, looking out the window. My h was at my side. no regrets- it was perfect. 

You aren't *supposed* to include anyone you don't want in there... it's a very personal decision.  GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • just me & DH for DD#1! My mom begged to be in there but I wanted it to be intimate. Not sure about delivery #2 yet
  • It will just be me and DH. The hospital I'm delivering at limits it to 2 people in the room anyway. And, with the increased possibility of a c-section (likely at this point since Baby A is still breech) I don't want anymore chaos around than necessary. DH would be the only one allowed in the OR anyway.
  • I had decided before having DS, I just wanted DH in the delivery room with me while I was pushing.  But my mom ended up taking me to the hospital to be induced while my DH was working (in the hospital). My mom was there with me through it all and acted as my labor coach and also helped hold me up to push. DH came into the room right after I got the epi and stayed too.  Then, my sister came to visit after work and ended up staying too.  She sat in a chair against the wall and helped tell jokes....

Even though the hospital told me only 2 ppl in the delivery room, they didn't kick my sister out.  I'm happy with how it all happened.

But, I'm not sure I'd want my MIL in the room.....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just me and DH.  You would not believe all the people that tried to stop in while I was having Sarah!  Thankfully the nurse was really good about shooing them away.  Even my mom and sister tried to barge in - after I told them before hand that i only wanted DH there!

To be fair - I am the only one from either family that has ever had a non-medicated vaginal birth.  I think they got the hint when the nurse told them to go to the waiting room and they could hear me in the room moaning and grunting through contractions. =P  

Seriously, I was up walking around, switching positions, blood and fluids were on the floor (it was after they broke my water) - I would NOT want my in-laws there! 

• My H and my mom if she is here.  My mom and I are super close and my H is not all about the fluid, blood, guts, so he will need some support as well. 
  • My DH and a Doula were in the delivery room with me.   Both our mothers live out of state but if either one had been here when I delivered I would have had no problem with having one of them in the room with me, but that's me.   You have to do what you're most comfortable with and what will keep you the most relaxed.   You don't want anyone who is going to make you uncomfortable or stressed with you during labor because it will only make labor worse for you.   Good luck with whatever you decide.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"