1st Trimester
Options

Apparently my baby is sending telepathic messages to others

2»

Re: Apparently my baby is sending telepathic messages to others

• Options

All mommy-to-be bellies send out messages to people, didn't you know? That's why your MIL won't stop telling you how to birth/change-diapers/raise/save-for-college/educate/dicipline your baby. Unfortunately, there is no golden book from the Baby Gods that says: Eat this, Drink that, Stay away (far away) from these things or else cancer, birth-defects, low-weight babies, SIDS, etc are in your future.

Simply do your best as a mom to provide whatever you can for a semi-perfect environment in an imperfect world. No one can really tell what that single diet coke a day will do or not do to your child.

Then next time someone says something, smile and think in your head, "At least I'm not a crack-head!"

• Options
    My doctor told me up to 200 mg of caffeine is ok, even though I stuck to one Coke (34mg) a day with my first pregnancy and intend to do the same with this second one. Stick to regular sodas, though. Diet and things like Coke Zero have aspartame and phenylalanine that are questionable as to the effects they have on your growing baby. Better safe than sorry and keep drinking water, too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been drinking Caffeine Free Pepsi. I think it tastes the same as regular Pepsi... but, others might not.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"