Maryland Babies

baby's first O's game?

I am a huge O's fan and cannot wait to take DD to her first O's game.  I am just not sure how to wait to take her.  She is almost 4 months.  We normally go on Tuesday Bargain nights and get the nosebleed seats.  I dread lugging the baby and her gear up that high.  I guess I'll hafta shell out some money for better tickets.

Anyone have advice for taking a baby to a game?

March 21, I find out how far along we are. :)

Re: baby's first O's game?

• We haven't taken DD to an actual ball game yet, but she did go to the Phillies World Series parade with us when she was 2 months.  Thankfully we had seats inside the stadium so we weren't standing on the street the whole time. She actually slept through most of it, even with all the yelling and screaming going on around us.  I only brought her diaper bag w/ some pre-measured water and formula powder, diapers, wipes - the very basics.  We had a Moby wrap, but I only put her in that to walk from the parking lot to the stadium.  After that DH and I just switched off holding her.  I probably should have just left it at home lol. 

At that age they are a lot more easy to keep entertained while sitting in one spot, but be prepared to walk around every so often to give her a change of scenery if she gets fussy.  She should be fine and depending on her schedule, she might just sleep through it!

• We are just taking our son to his first baseball game next month, and he's 2.  However, I think it's very doable as an infant as long as it's not too hot.  I would wear the baby to cut down on the amount of stuff you have to take with you (and to keep baby happy!)  Good luck!
    Laura & Jim ~ July 10, 2004
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    miscarriage on 11/26/09 at 5w6d
  • Loading the player...
  • We took DD to an Iron birds game and an Orioles game at about 2.5.
  • We took our son to Orioles Opening Day this past year.  He was about 2.5 months.  I had him in a carrier on the front of me and all we carried was the diaper bag, with all of the essentials.  He did just fine, actually slept most of the time.

When you go to the game be sure to go to Fan Assistance (there is one on the left side just after you go through the main gate).  They gave us a certificate showing that it was my son's first baseball game and an autographed picture of the oriole bird to go with it!

• Thanks for all the input ladies!  I think we'll be going to the next t-shirt tuesday or Thursday night Boogs package night!
    March 21, I find out how far along we are. :)
  • You may be able to leave the stroller at the customer services desk at the north end of the warehouse.  You can also get a baby's first O's certificate as a keepsake there...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"