Birth Stories
Options

Laboring in Tub @ Hospital...

I'm not sure if this is the right board to post.. but I figured since all you mamas just recently went thru labor you might know :) My birthing center has a tub that we can use to labor in (or deliver in), and I think I might be interested in trying it out (not for the birth, just to labor).. and I'm curious... what do you wear in the tub? I'm not sure I feel totally comfortable completely naked, even though it will probably just be DH in there. Like bathing suit bottoms? I have a tube bra type thing that would be good for the boobs.. but what about the  bottom half!

Re: Laboring in Tub @ Hospital...

• Options

From what I've heard, you're naked below the belt. They need to check your progress and such in the tub. But your big 'ol belly will hide your goods :)

Edit: and by that point you won't care who sees what.

• Options
    ok, that makes sense :) considering i haven't even seen my goods in about 4 months now because of my belly.. haha. and you're right- i probably won't care at all at that point!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My MW says most women go naked, and the modest ones wear sports bras.
    The hair grows in thick where the horn used to be.
  • Options
    I had a water birth with DS and the water felt wonderful. I labored in the water for quite a long time and ended up delivering in there too; once I was in the water and ready to deliver, there was NO getting out. I didn't wear anything at all. I didn't really think about it, but a wet shirt or sports bra seems like it'd be uncomfortable to me, and they need easy access to your bottom half to do checks and such. Also, by that point, I wouldn't have noticed or cared who saw me naked; that was truly the last of my worries.?
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I didn't have a tub, but labored in the shower for about two nanoseconds, and I hated it.  Tub might have been different though.  It's cool your hospital has that!

By that time of labor I was naked and didn't care.  you won't either, I PROMISE.  You are not in your normal mindset at that point.  But you could wear a tankini top or something if that is more comfortable for you.

• Options
    check out binsi, they have tops and skirts you can labor in. 
  • Options
    I always wear a bra and panties when in labor, and have my underwear removed when time to push! I don't like my parts exposed or flopping... lol.  And when the dr had to check me, she just pushed my underwear to the side!
  • Options
    Also, I have never labored in a tub, but I have seen enough videos, and friends in labor to know that most go nude or with a swim suit top on.  Bare bottom.  Hope that helps. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"