3rd Trimester
Options

Is this picture FAKE? baby footprint in the belly?

I have seen this picture several times....  DOES THIS REALLY HAPPEN???  If so... that's crazy!!!  I just can't believe it!?!?!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is this picture FAKE? baby footprint in the belly?

• Options
    I've seen this picture everywhere (including in a Bumpie's siggy)!!  I think I read somewhere that it is a hoax - the amniotic fluid is supposed to provide enough of a cushion that you wouldn't be able to see that amount of detail...but I could be wrong? 
  • Options
    I saw that happen to a wicked skinny girl once. I'm guessing if you have much fat on you it might not be so visible?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No, I've heard it is not real.
  • Options

that reminds me of horror dreams i sometimes have. I say fake.

• Options
    I sure hope it's fake! It looks like that kid could kick it's way out through the front!
    DD1 - 2010 TTC v2.0
  • Options

imageearthycrunchymama:
    I saw that happen to a wicked skinny girl once. I'm guessing if you have much fat on you it might not be so visible?

oh and let me respecify that it wasn't THAT obvious. you could tell it was a foot but not this clear of an outline... and the girl weighed under 100 lbs while 8-9 months pregnant.  I'm hoping none of us have weight that low...

• Options
    I would say fake.  The thing I think of is how the baby would have to be positioned for the foot to be out like that.  And with the size of that tummy, it seems like the baby would be head down or close to it so the feet couldn't be down that far.  But who knows. 
  • Options
    I think it is fake. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It has to be fake.  If you think about it, you still have a layer of fat (even if you're skinny) and abdominal muscles as well as your uterus that a foot would have to go through to make the impression.   With all the layers in the way, it's not possible to have that much detail.  It just doesn't make sense.  It is still a fun picture though. 
  • Options
    You could see DS's foot sticking out in my belly, but not with detail.  It just looked like a lump. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I don't know about that actual pic but it did happen to my brother in law's sister
  • Options
    I'm lurking from the second trimester board and I dont know about that pic but I had it happen to me when I was pg with DS but it was his hand and I wasnt the smallest but he filled my stomach to the point where it took 45 mins to measure 1 quadrant during a biophysical profile.

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    I would agree with most of the PPs and say fake. Not saying there's no way in heck that could happen, but it happening at the very moment you're taking a picture? Um probably not.
  • Options

100% Fake.  My OB actually brought it up one day, and said how it drove her crazy.  She told me that with the fluid and the width of the lining of the uterus, that you can't see anything with that detail.  

The picture actually creeps me out!  :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"