3rd Trimester
Options

do you let your belly button show through shirts?

I let mine pop through shirts, when I'm at home or at work. Just curious if it's something I "should" be covering up. (It's not like I'm showing skin or not wearing a bra...but I wonder if some people think it's a faux pas).

I've been letting it show for weeks and weeks, but the post below about putting a band-aid over it got me wondering.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: do you let your belly button show through shirts?

• Options
    Yes, pretty much because there's no way for me to hide it. It doesn't matter if I wear two layers or even three - that sucker shows through! ;)
    with two cats
  • Options
    mine is so deep it never really pops out - but if it did show i wouldnt care & wouldnt try to hide it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I only have one dress that really shows my belly button, and I tend to wear an camisole with all my shirts, just because it's more comfortable.  So it generally doesn't poke through. 

That being said, I couldn't care less if my belly button showed.  It's a miracle I even have clothes that cover my belly AT ALL anymore.

Some people are grossed out by it?  Tough bounce, look away.

• Options
    Yep and I like it! :) 
  • Options
    Yes.  I don't know how I would hide it or why I would, for that matter.
  • Options
    Yep I do, it's all part of the package :)
  • Options
    I do...I don't like how it looks, but it is what it is.  I have thought about taping it down with a band-aid or something similar, but was afraid of taking off skin (like someone described in a post below) or having the band-aid look even more noticeable than the belly button.
  • Options
    Yep, mine has been out for weeks.  I don't hide it, but it is embarrassing!
  • Options
    let it?  that thing has a mind of it's own... i don't really have a choice ;-)
  • Options
    I don't try to cover it but I don't like the way it looks either. DH just laughs.

• Options
    Not a problem for me yet (still have an innie) but I don't think there's a lot you can do about it. Maybe just avoid clingy cotton t-shirts
    kolney Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

There is no way I could hide it!  Mine popped out early (24ish weeks) and its very obvious now.  Someone in the elevator at work commented on it and said that it was a bit inappropriate to allow it to show.  I pretty much told him to F off :)

Now I joke that it's like the timer thing on a turkey and it's trying to tell us that LO is completely cooked and ready to come out!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mine doesn't stick out that much, but on the days that it does, I let 'er ride!  LOL
  • Options
    I let it show, and I LOVE it.  And if someone has a problem with it, as a PP said, then shove it.  :)  I'm not going to be uncomfortable with something completely natural about my body!  That little sucker is supposed to be sticking out, so let it show, let it show, let it show!
  • Options
    I don't think a band-aid would even really help with mine. It would just look like a belly button with a band aid over it. Some people stare but who cares? It's not like I'm walking around without a bra on. It's a belly button! DD loves looking at though. She will lift my shirt and squeal every time because she thinks it's so funny. I'm ok with a 3 year old reacting that way, but adults at work need to grow up if they think it's "inappropriate".
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think vanity is the reason why some might consider covering it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BFP#1 10/26/09 EDD 7/4/10 Beautiful Baby Boy born 2 weeks late 7/16/10 BFP#2 8/23/11 EDD 5/11/12 Natural Miscarriage @ 6 weeks BFP#3 5/22/12 EDD 2/10/13 Stick Baby!
  • Options
    I have no choice. It shows through all of my layers: full panel maternity pants, a camisole, and a shirt. I never really thought about trying to hide it though.
  • Options

I have a major innie. You can see it through my shirts and I hate it. I try to wear full panel and a cami under my shirts to lessen the appearance.

I am not gonna lie though, I thought about stuffing it a time or two.

• Options

Mine is huge and has been fully out since the middle of 2nd tri. I'm very embarrassed by it but have never tried to cover it.

But something just occured to me, I wonder if a Lily Padz would work?  No ripping the skin!

• Options
    Of course!  I think it's cute =)

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Options

Ok I feel better now. I thought everyone was going to be like "Heck no, I wear camis under my shirts to hide it" -- I feel better now. There's no hiding mine, either....it sticks out under 2-3 layers of clothes!

• Options

imagechazlewo:
    let it?  that thing has a mind of it's own... i don't really have a choice ;-)

This.  How would I "hide" it?  I don't understand.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options
    imageErika6504:

Now I joke that it's like the timer thing on a turkey and it's trying to tell us that LO is completely cooked and ready to come out!

My co-worker said this to me too!  Funny!! 

I tend to be more comfortable in the clingier shirts (the ones that hang open at the bottom always make me feel like I'm not covered) so yeah, mine shows and no one's said anything except that it's cute.  :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"