Florida Babies
Options

Breast Pump

Can anyone make a suggestion on a good breast pump to use?

I heard that Playtex bottles were good for freezing and storing breast milk but I didn't know which pumps worked with the bags or worked well.. I've heard differing reports on if manual or electic were best.

Thanks!

Re: Breast Pump

• Options

I have a manual Avent and a double electric Lansinoh.  I like them both for different reasons.

manual - pros: get more milk in a single session, i have more control over speed and suction, its almost silent  cons:  i can only pump one breast at a time, you can't do anything else while pumping, it takes longer because you have to do each breast one after the other (you can always buy two pumps)

electric - pretty much the opposite pros and cons as manual, its a little more expensive than buying two manuals, its bulkier to carry around

I use the electric at work and the manual at home when dh can watch dd

• Options
    I have the Medela Pump In Style Advanced.  I don't remember how much I paid for it, but it was over $200.  I use it at work - it comes with bottles that you pump directly into.  Then I pour/store in either the Lansinoh or Nuk freezer bags.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the Ameda Purely Yours double electric and I love it.  The Lansinoh is supposed to be the same, but cheaper.  My Ameda was $300, so it's an investment.  But DD is 9+ months and I'm still pumping, so I definitely got my $$ worth.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I also have the Medela Pump in Style. It is quick and easy to use. If you do not plan to pump that often, then I would buy the Medela single electric. I am not into manual pumps...personally.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"