Postpartum Depression
Options

Mental Health Days

My therapist told me at my last visit that she is a big believer in taking a day off work as needed for mental health.  Lately I have been under a tremendous amount of stress at work.  I am really very overworked.  A random Tuesday or Wednesday off just to relax and let someone else handle the mess for a day does sound appealing.  I am just nervous about taking off, and afraid I will feel guilty.  Has anyone else ever taken a day off just for your mental health?  How did you feel about it?  Did you feel better for having done it?

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Mental Health Days

• Options

Yes I have but haven't done it on awhile because previously the store I worked at only had so many employees and we could only get one day off a week (small store with 3 full time employees). I've moved and now work elsewhere. I did feel guilty the first time I did it, back in high school, but after that no. It felt really good to know I had a day to myself to do whatever I wanted. My mom is a believer in mental health days so in the last few weeks leading to spring finals, we would be allowed one mental health day and she would write a "sick note" for us. 

I have been thinking about doing a mental health day soon and just dropping LO off at daycare then taking the day for myself, but I have a lot I need to get done at work (I'm trying to get a scientific paper published by summer's end) so I may put it off, then take 2 days in a row. One day to super clean the apartment and the second day to enjoy the clean apartment. 

• Options

Okay I know this is different because I am a SAHM, but I have taken a "day off" before.  I have to leave my house though because if I stay home with the babe I try to clean or get housework done.  I sometimes just need a day to let my mind refresh and to clear my head. 

I went for an hour massage, treated myself to lunch.  Went shopping for crafts and then bought coffee and just drove around, ALONE.  It did wonders to just get myself out of my daily routine. 

Hope you find some time for yourself and feel better.  Try not to feel guilty.  You aren't good for your little one or your work if you are overwhelmed. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"