Success after IF
Options

Questions to ask RE after BFP

Hi ladies!

So I have my first ultrasound tomorrow (eek). I'll be 5w2d. Are there any questions I should have prepared to ask my doctor? What can I expect to see?

Thanks so much! If all goes well I'll probably be making a formal introduction.

DX: Him: Super sperm Me: Diminished pituitary function due to tumor removed April 2008, MTHFR Hetero C677T & A1298C
IVF #1-4=BFN IVF #5=BFP! U/S on 5/3 revealed TWINS!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Questions to ask RE after BFP

• Options
    CONGRATS!!! While tomorrow will be fun please don't worry if you don't see much of anything. My first u/s was at 6w1or2d (a lot happens in a week:) ) and my RE stressed to me not to worry if we could not see the h/b that day b/c it's still early. Go in there knowing you are going to maybe see a little (but very cute) little speck on the screen. It is very exciting but it can be a little bit of a let down if you think you are going to see or hear more than what you are. Now to your question:)~ I don't really have any for you. My RE did not really give me limits (like foods, exercise, sex, ect.) I don't like seafood, if you do ask what kind you should stay away from, I was given limits with that. Can't wait for you to make your formal introduction tomorrow after your great u/s!
    For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    LCB34LCB34 member

I would only expect to see a sac - you may see a yolk sac but, it is still so early that you may not - and that is normal!!

As far as questions, I would see when you will be moving to an OB so you can set up an appointment soon after your last RE appointment, what your REs suggestion is about coming off of progesterone (so you can tell your OB), and maybe what your ultrasound/ appointment schedule will look like while still under your REs care!

Congrats - and have fun at your u/s - they are so amazing!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    alchrisalchris member
    Congratulations!  I had a 5w2d u/s last Monday.  They measured the gestational sac and you could see the yolk sac.  That was it.  I expect a longer appointment a week from now when I go back at 7w2d.  GOOD LUCK!!! :)
    Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"