North Dakota Babies
Options

MIA, 1 month Bday, and feeding help

I have been MIA because DH knocked the laptop off the couch and now it doesn't work...  I have been keeping up on my iPhone but I can't use it to post!  So it is wonderful to see Gianna and Kellen, and congrats on other good news that has been posted and vibes to those who need it... hope that covers it because I couldn't begin to try to respond to all the posts that I have wanted to since the laptop has died!

AW - My sweet girl is 1 month old today.  Time has flown, and it is less than a month until I go back to work.  She amazes me every day and I really am not looking forward to the day I have to leave her.

So speaking of leaving her, she WILL NOT take a bottle.  She gets choked and starts screaming.  She does not latch on at all, some of it leaks into her mouth and she swallows a little but most of it ends up on her shirt.  We have tried Breastflow, Avent, Nuk, the nipple from the hospital and the Wal Mart variety of nipples.  Me, my mom, and DH have all tried feeding her.  We have tried side lying and upright positions, and have even tried feeding while walking around.  We have only given her expressed breastmilk in the bottles.  Anybody had issues like this?  Suggestions please?

Re: MIA, 1 month Bday, and feeding help

• Options

Blayne, when I went to the lactation consultant Marcos would not take a bottle either because the flow was too fast for him even with the slow flow bottles and he would do the exact same thing. She recommended this bottle  and it helped  tons. It has 3 speeds. It is pricey (she sold it to me for $35) but it is worth it. I hope that helps. It is amazing how fast time has gone by. Happy one month Little B!

• Options
    Try a bottle designed for reflux babies, like Doctor Browns. It has a slow flow. Happy 1 month birthday to your sweet baby!
    Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie DS: Born 2007 TTC #2- Diagnosed with secondary infertility, after 18 months and failed IUIs, we achieved success with IVF #1 DD: Born 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi Blayne!! Happy 1 month to baby B!
    Anniversary
  • Options

Hi Blayne!!!  Give Briley a big squeeze for me!!

As for your bottle issues, I had to get Mariana the Doc Brown's Preemie Nipple - I found it at BRU.  It was the only thing that would make her stop choking and gagging.  I already had the Dr. Brown's bottles, so it was just a matter of changing the flow of the nip.  I hope that helps and it gets easier for you guys and if it's any consolation, we're having feeding issues too now =(  Mari's suddenly having some latching issues and I'm sore are sh*t from it.

• Options

Happy one month B!

I am sorry you are having issues, hopefully with some of the products recommended you will have her using a bottle soon.

A & T Since 2009 Parents of A born July 2010
  • Options

Happy One Month Baby B!!!

Hayden won't take a bottle either, but I think her issue is that it's not the breast.  So, next I am going to try Tommee Tippee brand- it is from England and supposed to be "most like mom".  We will see. 

GL!!!

• Options
    Happy 1 Month Birthday, B!  I have no feeding recs, just wanted to wish a happy birthday!
  • Options

imageAshleysred:
    Happy 1 Month Birthday, B!  I have no feeding recs, just wanted to wish a happy birthday!

Ditto!   

• Options

Aww, happy 1 month little girl :)

Sorry to hear about the bottles issues -- I hope you can find something that works!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker ashley jordan est. 06.07.08 | siesta key, fl
  • Options
    Happy one month bday to little B! No bottle advice but if you want to reply from your iPhone just turn off JavaScript in your safari settings and you can post. :) I just had to do it to post this message haha. Good luck with the feeding!
    Siggy Deleted Due to Internet Stalking. Mama to Q, born July 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"