Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

My First Tornado Warning... Check!

DD and I just spent the last hour in the basement. DH is out of town so it was just us and the 2 dogs. It was crazy... I could hear bad winds but thankfully no Tornado. 

I am not from the midwest so this was my FIRST and soooo sooo scary. I am thankful for a safe outcome. I am praying for everyone in it's path!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My First Tornado Warning... Check!

• Options
    I know the first is scary, but you really do get used to it. We don't even go into the basement unless one has been spotted on the ground. However, DH and I grew up in the midwest AKA Tornado Alley.
  • Options

Scary! I'm glad you're OK!

I spent time in the basement last summer with DS and our dog when we had a huge hail storm. It was no fun at all.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Agree w/the PP. You really do get used to them.

I used to flip the fvck out every time the sirens went off.

Now, no biggie. Get your shiz, get to the basement, wait for it to pass, walla!  

I like privacy. A lot.
  • Options

I've been from the Midwest all my life and I'm still terrified of them.  In fact, I'm in downstate Illinois (near St Louis) right now for business and was freaking myself a little.

Glad you are ok!!!

• Options

We went to the basement too. But yeah, they seriously don't phase me at all anymore. You get used to them. We actually had a lot of fun in the basement. There are tons of toys down there, but we never let the kids play because its a mess. So they enjoyed the toys, and we took snacks and books. It was like a party. lol

How did Abigail like the children's museum?

• Options
    imagesmiling76:

I've been from the Midwest all my life and I'm still terrified of them.  In fact, I'm in downstate Illinois (near St Louis) right now for business and was freaking myself a little.

Glad you are ok!!!

You are probably near me! 

• Options
    imagemeggiekins:

We went to the basement too. But yeah, they seriously don't phase me at all anymore. You get used to them. We actually had a lot of fun in the basement. There are tons of toys down there, but we never let the kids play because its a mess. So they enjoyed the toys, and we took snacks and books. It was like a party. lol

How did Abigail like the children's museum?

Haha.. she was AWESOME during the storm. I was so proud no tears we hung out and cuddled.

She had a blast today! It is the perfect size for that age.... She loved the dress up area. Then we hit up that TotSpot consignment store! Awesome stuff!!! 

• Options
    I'm glad you weren't effected by the tornado.  I don't like that we live in a house without a basement, but born & raised with this stuff it really doesn't phase me.  I am usually outside looking to see what I can see.
  • Options
    imagearmywife7205:

Haha.. she was AWESOME during the storm. I was so proud no tears we hung out and cuddled.

She had a blast today! It is the perfect size for that age.... She loved the dress up area. Then we hit up that TotSpot consignment store! Awesome stuff!!! 

Yay, I'm so glad she had fun!  It's a neat little museum. I LOVE the Totspot! It's on our way home, so I just randomly stop in all the time.

• Options

I'm not used to them either (originally being from VA), so I never knew whether to head downstairs or not when I was first in STL. Ever since we had the boys though, we always do, just in case.

The bad part tonight was that they were both peacefully sleeping when the sirens started going off, so we had to get them both up out of bed and head downstairs. Thankfully they're sleeping in their cribs again now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"