Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS: Is this strange?

Or am I just strange for this boggling my mind?

A poster got a BFP on 12-24. Her child is 18.5 months old. Probably born the same week Jack was. She got a BFP today. She just made a ticker that says "Two under two!!!". 

I call math fail and/or obsession with 2u2? 

She just says it is semantics, 3 months over 2 is still 2u2? 

Humor me, I am dying of boredom. 

Re: TFAS: Is this strange?

• That is not two under two. Its not semantics, its common math skills.

I've got to say that I do not see the rage with the whole 2u2 ?around here. ?I see that ticker statement all the time on the nursery board. ?Personally, the idea of it scares me out of my wits, so I do not understand wearing the badge of honor...?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Some people view 2u2 as 2 in diapers.  To me, your first child is under 2 when you're 2nd is born... That's what the 2u2 bump board uses as well...
  • Loading the player...
  • Technically, 2 under 2 fail.

However, I am guessing that 2 and 3 months and 2 under 2 is still a LO and another  new born baby which is close enough to me to be a little scary.

But, who am I to say I am a  none under none.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 3/17/10 Missed M/C Confirmed 4/12/10

MIF+Unexplained DX Feb 2012: Femara+Trigger+IUI=BFP AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagesassyandskinny:

I've got to say that I do not see the rage with the whole 2u2  around here.  I see that ticker statement all the time on the nursery board.  Personally, the idea of it scares me out of my wits, so I do not understand wearing the badge of honor... 

Amen! 

Patty- Your Jack and my Jillian must be just days apart.

BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagesassyandskinny:

That is not two under two. Its not semantics, its common math skills.

I've got to say that I do not see the rage with the whole 2u2  around here.  I see that ticker statement all the time on the nursery board.  Personally, the idea of it scares me out of my wits, so I do not understand wearing the badge of honor... 

Yea I don't get the rage either. The fact that the math is so obviously wrong makes me think the obsession around these parts is too strong. 

• imageLeggyNic:
    imagesassyandskinny:

Amen! 

What day is her birthday? Jack is 10/9/08.

ETA: And LOL at Jack and Jillian! 

• imagesassyandskinny:

That is not two under two. Its not semantics, its common math skills.

I think for me, it's more trying to convince myself I can handle it if it happens... That's why I have it in my siggy, lol!

• Hmmm, I would think they would both have to be under 2? WTF do I know? I can't even get one! Brahahahahaha
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• I say obsession. Three months over 2 is not two under 2. She just wants extra attention for having 2 under 2.

I hear ya re: dying of boredom..... 

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• imagePattypoundcake:
    imageLeggyNic:
    imagesassyandskinny:

Amen! 

She's 10/11/08.

LOL.  I KNOW!  Hence my "Name Overkill" post.  So many Jack's out there now and we name our DD Jillian.  It's bound to happen.

BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageBBColt78:
    Hmmm, I would think they would both have to be under 2? WTF do I know? I can't even get one! Brahahahahaha

This!  She sounds like a math fail who just wants to join a "cool" club.

Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • imageLeggyNic:
    imagePattypoundcake:
    imageLeggyNic:
    imagesassyandskinny:

Amen! 

She's 10/11/08.

LOL.  I KNOW!  Hence my "Name Overkill" post.  So many Jack's out there now and we name our DD Jillian.  It's bound to happen.

What was your due date? Mine was 10/4 (as in 10-4, good buddy!) 

We got a good one anyway...

• Maybe she meant 2 < 2 Stick out tongue
  • imagePattypoundcake:
    imageLeggyNic:
    imagePattypoundcake:
    imageLeggyNic:
    imagesassyandskinny:

Amen! 

She's 10/11/08.

What was your due date? Mine was 10/4 (as in 10-4, good buddy!) 

We got a good one anyway...

You did get a good one!  I was due 10/23.  My OB called it though.  I had an appt on Weds, she told me Fri was my last day of work, and I had her Sat morning.

PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • That is NOT two under two, in my opinion.  I believe it is only 2u2 if the oldest turns 2 after the 2nd one is born.  I guess I can see her logic though, he is technically 2 until his 3rd birthday! Stick out tongue
    My Little
  • imagejessr510:
    Some people view 2u2 as 2 in diapers.  To me, your first child is under 2 when you're 2nd is born... That's what the 2u2 bump board uses as well...

This.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • To me it seems she's getting at conceiving a second one before her first is 2?
  • fxz109fxz109 member

ITA.  2u2 means 2nd one born before the 1st's 2nd birthday. 

2 in diapers is 2 in diapers. 

I don't get the obsession with it.   Like it's a status symbol?

• utgirl2utgirl2 member

imagejessr510:
    Some people view 2u2 as 2 in diapers.  To me, your first child is under 2 when you're 2nd is born... That's what the 2u2 bump board uses as well...

agree with this 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"