1st Trimester
Options

12 Weeks and Doc says it's a boy!?!

So excited (and a little hesitant) to report that I had my 12 week u/s yesterday and the doc says it's a BOY, no question!!  I could hardly believe it because it's so early, but he switched to a 3D u/s to show and says he's sure. It definitely looked like a boy! I'm not going to start buying anything yet just in case, plus it still feels too early to start buying anything anyway. But as the doctor said, "girls don't have THAT!" lol, so I guess it's really a boy. Did anyone else get such an early prediction?!?

Re: 12 Weeks and Doc says it's a boy!?!

• Options
    that seems a little early, but possible i guess. we found out at 18 weeks its a boy with ds, and even then they wouldnt tell us 100%.
    Diabetic, 2IF, PCOS; blessed beyond words to be called "mommy" to Drew (6/30/09) and Alynn (5/16/11).
    Parenting author for Women of Worth. Mom Blogger and photographer.

Andrew David: mixed receptive/expressive language phonological disorder, sensory processing disorder, Disruptive Behavior disorder-nos and insomnia.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    We had our NT scan at 12 weeks... the tech said girl, but then the MFM doctor came in, did another pass with the wand, and said "it's a boy".  I asked him how sure he was and he said he has a "93% accuracy" at 12 weeks.  We've had about 10 scans since then... she's been all girl, every time.  I wouldn't go shopping just yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It is possible to know that early.  We were told at dd's 12wk NT scan that the dr. was 80% sure she was a girl.  They all have a "nub" at that stage, but the direction the nub points is what tells them boy or girl.  Pointing up is boy, down is girl.  At 19wks, they confirmed girl. 
  • Options
    i was told with DS #1 at my 12 week NT Scan that he was a boy. The dr, like yours, said theres no mistaking - its def a boy!
  • Options
    kg_08kg_08 member

It seems early, even for a 3D ultrasound to be accurate. It's all about the angle, so for him to say "Girls don't have THAT" sounds really awkward to me.. girls and boys both stick out at this point.

We had an ultrasound at 16 weeks 4 days and at that point she definitely looked like a girl. It was confirmed at the 18 weeks 3 day anatomy scan.

• Options
    It's possible. We were told boy at our 13 week NT Scan. It's been confirmed twice since then.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    When I was 23 weeks with DS, they got it wrong.  I wouldn't be buying into this yet.  WAY too early for a doctor to say he was sure.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    seems a little to early to me. I would maybe hold off til at least the next one before you go and buy anything.
  • Options
    I had my NT scan on Thursday. The u/s tech would not guess, because she said it would just be a guess. Regardless, LO had his/her legs crossed anyway.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

yeah i agree with everyone my friend did this at 12 weeks and they were "positive" blah blah she was pretty ridiculous and went balls to the walls buying all blue this and that well at 18 weeks the boy was a girl she was devastated I warned her from the beginning its waaaaay to early and for a doc to be sooo sure at 12 weeks is ridiculous.

I see a high risk doc as well as my OB and he even told us we never say 100 percent because theres always that small percentage even at 20 weeks that its wrong.  I hope it stays a boy but dont be surprised if it doesnt.

• Options
    I was told at 12 wks that I was probably having a boy and they were right.  So it is possible!
  • Options
    Not my personal experience, but a friend was told at 12 weeks she was most likely having a girl and she gave birth to her daughter last week.  I think some doctors have a pretty high success rate with "guessing" early but like you said, I wouldn't run out and paint the nursery blue just yet.
  • Options
    Well, everyone has a 50/50 chance of guessing it right, so somebody has to be right sometimes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"