Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Mama's with cleaning persons ?

If you are willing to share how much do you pay your cleaning person, what do they do for you, and how often do they come. DH and I have agreed on hiring one and we were wondering what the average cost and everything was. I know it varies depending on size of house and location, but we're just looking for a ballpark guesstimate.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Mama's with cleaning persons ?

• Options
    We pay $85 a cleaning for our 1800 sq foot, 3 bedroom, 2 bath.  I also leave a $10 tip each time.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

We pay $69 per visit for our cleaning ladies to come every other week.  They vacuum, sweep, mop, do the bathrooms, make the beds (though we didn't expect that one), dust, empty and refill the dishwasher or handwash the few dishes that may be in the sink if the dishwasher was run. 

They don't do a perfect job but it's ok since the price is so low.  Oh, and our house is about 2600 sq. ft.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It depends on a lot of things-- how big the house it, how deep of a cleaning you want and how often they come. To get a deep cleaning, it's about $100 around here-- but that's almost eveything.
  • Options

we have two women come. they stay for about 2-3 hours. they pretty much do everything except for the laundry and make the bed. we pay them $80.

they come once a month.

• Options

I pay 69 dollars every 2 wks (2 people). Our house is 1800 square feet. They do all the bathrooms, floors, counters, make beds, dust, etc.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Making lefse at the cabin **Scott 6/8/96** **Avery 7/24/08** **Brendan 7/15/10**
  • Options
    We pay 30 bucks for 2 hours of cleaning - 1 person, 1500 square foot house.  She doesn't do a deep clean, but it's fine and what she does (kitchen/counters/floors/all hardwoods swept and mopped/area rugs vacuumed/bathrooms scrubbed) for 30 bucks a pop, I am so grateful to have the help.   She comes every 2 weeks. 
    Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

• Options
    $90 every 2 weeks. 2400 square feet-- all but 1 room hardwood floors. 3 bathrooms 4 bedrooms. Cleans and organizes everything except for unfinished basement.
  • Options

I pay $150 every two weeks. My person stays 5 hours so it's $25/hr.

Our house is 5,000 feet so not everything gets done, but all the hard stuff does. Floors washed, 5 bathrooms cleaned, dusting, windows, kitchen, bedrooms straightened.

Sometimes is the house is not as dirty as expected she will have extra time and I will find some unexpected things done (bathmats washed, laundry folded, sheets changed).   She also always straightens Hudson's playroom which I keep asking her not to because really, what's the point? But I really think she loves to do it - I find the toys in all kinds of cute 'poses'.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"