Breastfeeding
Options

Increasing/maintaining supply

i just want to repost this for everyone. it worked wonders for me so i hope it helps you all too. :)

if you need to fatten up your milk and keep up/increase your supply, make sure to massage your breast while you pump. rub toward the nipple from every direction. it will help to empty your breast more completely and signal to your body that you need more milk. i usually get atleast a second letdown. it takes longer, but it's because your getting out more milk and getting that second letdown. hope this helps! oh and i EP

Re: Increasing/maintaining supply

• Options
    Thanks for the advice! I will remember this when I start to breast feed!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lynseflynsef member
    If your pump has a button for the stimulation phase pushing it for a 2nd stimulation phase 1/2 way through your pumping session can also trigger another let down.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagelynsef:
    If your pump has a button for the stimulation phase pushing it for a 2nd stimulation phase 1/2 way through your pumping session can also trigger another let down.

I have had TONS of success with this.  Also, you can jsut restart your pump if you don't have the button.  I can get another ounce at least if I hit the button! 

• Options
    g8trkimg8trkim member
    Thanks. I'll definitely give it a try.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"