Eco-Friendly Family

*vent*

I picked up DD from my parents before work tonight, and after telling me she had a horrible day, mom says,
"I need to talk to you."  Hmm

(below is a summary) 

Mom:  "I think you need to reconsider how you parent.  I think you have spoiled your daughter, and it's wreaking havoc on how she behaves for others.  When you picked her up immediately after she cried when she was younger has made her so that she can't be put down or handle being away from others."

Me: "I don't agree.  It's been proven to be harmful to not tend to a baby younger than 6 month's needs."

Mom: "Well, I guess I messed you up then."  (she's a drama llama)

Me:  "Don't play that card.  You didn't know better.  I do."

Mom:  "I guess we're just going to disagree."

Me:  "Yep."

AngryConfusedGAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Does she not understand separation anxiety?!?!
Bless my DH for reading me the excerpt from Dr. Sears baby book about separation anxiety and that it's healthy and normal.  I'm going to copy it for my mom.  She just can't understand AP, and thinks we're totally spoiling DD and that we've made her into a difficult child.  (heaven forbid she was born that way)

Someone replied to one of my posts the other day (can't remember who), saying that unless you've had a difficult baby, you can't understand what it's like.

AMEN, sistah.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: *vent*

• I'm so sorry. I know how frustrating it is! My MIL lived with us (yes lives with us need I say more?!) She's never told us that she doesn't agree with our parenting choice but she does things her way till DH steps in and tells her not to. I wish they could just understand and if they don't just follow our lead we are the patents!
  • oh wow, she thinks you've already ruined an 8 month old for life?

I'm pretty sure they don't learn how to be spoiled until they have a better handle on cause and effect.

Drinks for you

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • ((hugs)) High needs babies are hard as wonderful ad they are. You're doing a fantastic job responding to her and her needs. ::passes piece of brownie::
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"