Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

To vaccine or not to vaccine...

I'm so scared to make that decision on whether or not to get DD vaccinated or maybe I should opt for a different vaccination schedule.  If she does get vaccinated there could be a chance of her getting autism or another major side effects like seizures or deafness.  If she doesn't get it, she may get a terrible disease like whopping cough or measles.  What are you ladies deciding to do and why?  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: To vaccine or not to vaccine...

• Options
    I would never NOT vaccinate my child.

As far as I know, the theory that vaccinations can cause autism has been debunked.

I do not understand the motivation behind not vaccinating baby. Delayed schedule, sure, but leaving them completely unprotected, to me, is just insane. Not to mention irresponsible.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

There is absolutely no link between autism and vaccinations.  Do your research on that point - the study that found that link has been completely discredited. 

We are vaccinating on our pediatrician's recommended schedule.  The very, VERY minimal risk of an adverse side effect (which doesn't include autism!) does not begin to outweigh the personal and public health benefits of vaccination. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageWonderWoman27:
    I'm so scared to make that decision on whether or not to get DD vaccinated or maybe I should opt for a different vaccination schedule. ?If she does get vaccinated there could be a chance of her getting autism or another major side effects like seizures or deafness. ?If she doesn't get it, she may get a terrible disease like whopping cough or measles. ?What are you ladies deciding to do and why? ?

I worried myself sick over this but my LO had her 2 mos appt today and we got all vaccines.?

The benefits of vaccinating far outweigh the risks associated with the vaccines themselves.?

I even toyed w/ an alt schedule or delaying some but then just realized I'd be living at the pediatricians office and stressing MYSELF out way more often.?

Last night I watched the videos here and realized it's best for me to follow the schedule and felt at peace with it.

https://www.chop.edu/service/vaccine-education-center/home.html

?there's other PRO resources listed here:

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/downloads/f_parents_questvax_hcp.pdf

ultimately as a parent it is your choice and you need to do what feels best and right to you but you have to remember that millions of children are vaccinated w/o any issues whatsoever.?

good luck! ??

• Options
    Please vaccinate your child. Just please. 
  • Options
    Going with Dr. recommended schedule, its been done that way for years and if it wasn't safe they would change the way its done.
    Aug. 15 - Jan. Siggy Challenge "Mean Girls" Mona Vanderwaal Pretty Little Liars  Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

imagekimberleigh30:

This.

IMO, not only is it risky to your child not to vaccinate, it's risky to the rest of our children. 

Terrible illnesses have been made rare through vaccination.  Please don't help them come back and put us all at risk.

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

The link between vaccines and autism has not been scientifically proven. The medical journal that published the first study retracted it because it was found to have fixed data- therefore the results are unreliable. And no other doctor has been able to link the two.

Don't skip vaccines- you put your child and everyone they come in contact with at risk. If you are uncomfortable or unsure, talk to your pedi about a delayed schedule. Most pedis will work with you.

• Options
    imagesbevmc09:

imagekimberleigh30:

This.

IMO, not only is it risky to your child not to vaccinate, it's risky to the rest of our children. 

Terrible illnesses have been made rare through vaccination.  Please don't help them come back and put us all at risk.

This. Illnesses that had virtually wiped out are making a come back b/c of patents not vaccinating their kids.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Options
    I agree with everyone else. I am going with the pedoatricians schedule. There is no proven link to autism. I don't understand why you wouldn't vaccinate.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Well, personally I can see why people would question it.  If I didn't have to put anything unnatural on, or around, or in my baby's body then I wouldn't.  But you have to weigh the pros and the cons.  Especially with something as important as this.  I think it's smart to do your research and question things. 
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    imageSL122:

There is absolutely no link between autism and vaccinations.  Do your research on that point - the study that found that link has been completely discredited. 

We are vaccinating on our pediatrician's recommended schedule.  The very, VERY minimal risk of an adverse side effect (which doesn't include autism!) does not begin to outweigh the personal and public health benefits of vaccination. 

This, and I won't consider an alternate schedule because I don't want to draw out vaccinations any more than they need to be. If I can limit the number of times DS has to go to the Doc to get shots then I will!

• Options

imageWonderWoman27:
    If she does get vaccinated there could be a chance of her getting autism or another major side effects like seizures or deafness.  If she doesn't get it, she may get a terrible disease like whopping cough or measles.  What are you ladies deciding to do and why?  
    1) the link to autism has been repeatedly discredited.

2) seizures and deafness are side effects of some of the diseases you'd be vaccinating against

3) LO could die if they get some of the diseases like whooping cough and measles

• Options
    We are vaccinating & at the normal schedule. So far so good.
  • Options
    imageMrs.BoomBoom:

imageWonderWoman27:
    If she does get vaccinated there could be a chance of her getting autism or another major side effects like seizures or deafness.  If she doesn't get it, she may get a terrible disease like whopping cough or measles.  What are you ladies deciding to do and why?  

2) seizures and deafness are side effects of some of the diseases you'd be vaccinating against

3) LO could die if they get some of the diseases like whooping cough and measles

This times 100,000,000.

• Options
    imageMrs.BoomBoom:

imageWonderWoman27:

This times 100,000,000.

• Options
    imageMrs.BoomBoom:

imageWonderWoman27:

This times 100,000,000.

• Options
    Not vaccinating. 
  • Options

If polio were sweeping the country like it was 50 years ago, no one would even begin to consider not vaccinating.

The only reason we can even have the luxury of having this conversation is BECAUSE OF VACCINES.

Vaccines have become a victim of their own success.  Not vaccinating your child is dangerously shortsighted. 

• Options
    We are doing a case-by-case basis with vaccinations.  Skipping most.  I am neither pro nor anti vaccinations...I am for informed parental choice.  Regardless of what anyone encourages/pushes/demands that you do, it is YOUR child/YOUR choice and YOU have to deal with the results of your decisions whether good or bad.
  • Options

imageJDodds:
    We are doing a case-by-case basis with vaccinations.  Skipping most.  I am neither pro nor anti vaccinations...I am for informed parental choice.  Regardless of what anyone encourages/pushes/demands that you do, it is YOUR child/YOUR choice and YOU have to deal with the results of your decisions whether good or bad.

Not true.  Society as a whole deals with the consequences of the decision not to vaccinate.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/vaccines/view/

Tell that to the parents in this documentary whose newborn almost died from pertussis.

• Options
    Get your kid vaccinated. The benefits FAR outweigh the risks.
  • Options

We vaccinate on the regular schedule. 

My uncle is a family practice physician and just had an 8 year old patient die from complications of the measles.  He has also seen a shocking rise in pertussis. 

Every disease they vaccinate for has the potential to be lethal.

As a PP said deaf/blind is the side effect of some of the diseases. 

Vaccinations don't cause autism.  

• Options
    imagegrapeape73:

We vaccinate on the regular schedule. 

My uncle is a family practice physician and just had an 8 year old patient die from complications of the measles.  He has also seen a shocking rise in pertussis. . 

Every disease they vaccinate for has the potential to be lethal.

As a PP said deaf/blind is the side effect of some of the diseases. 

Vaccinations don't cause autism.  

My pedi said the same thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"