Health & Exercise
Options

those last lbs

how do you get rid of the stubborn last lbs...the first 20 feel off but these last ones are stickin around! im bfing and working out but they are still there! help

Re: those last lbs

• Options
    Your baby is less than a month old! Give yourself some time. :)
  • Options
    ummm...time. Sorry, but that's the only answer. I EBF, trained for an ran a half marathon, ate really carefully....and I still held on to the last 10 lbs until ds was a year old. It's gone now and I"m actually under my pre-pg weight. If you're eating healthy and working out, your body will get back to normal when it's ready.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry hon, I know it's hard, but try to have a little perspective with a 1 month old!  Time did fix most of the "problems" I ran into at that stage -- trying to figure out nursing, sleeping, and taking off the baby weight. 

FWIW, I waited until about 2 months to start actually exercising, thanks to a tear that didn't heal until then, and now at nearly 5 months I've lost all but the last two pounds.  And I'm still not back to my pre-preg workouts, just couch to 5K a few times a week.  I've noticed that I need more rest & recovery time, as well as more food and water, so I think as long as you're paying attention to how you feel physically (and mentally, for that matter) you'll do ok.  Good luck, and try to be patient!  :)
  • Options

imageLenMont:
    ummm...time. Sorry, but that's the only answer. I EBF, trained for an ran a half marathon, ate really carefully....and I still held on to the last 10 lbs until ds was a year old. It's gone now and I"m actually under my pre-pg weight. If you're eating healthy and working out, your body will get back to normal when it's ready.

same here. i've run 2 1/2 marathons since LO was born, b/f for 6 months, eat healthy and work out regularly and i still have about 5lbs to lose.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"