D.C. Area Babies
Options

zoo= success

DS did great at the zoo in the stroller with no car seat.  I had everything I needed but I thought I forgot socks for him so I put a little sunscreen on his feet only. Then later in the day I found socks.  Lots of people had the same idea bc it was CROWDED there but beautiful, we even managed to metro it with 4 strollers...

Re: zoo= success

• Options
    We went on Friday too and I've never seen it so mobbed - not even on a weekend!
  • Options

Ha ha, we were there, too on Friday!! We got there around 11 and the parking lots were full....but only after they let us in, so we sat in traffic for half an hour until we found out they were all full. As we were driving out to find street parking we saw a big sign that wasn't there when we came in saying the lots were closed. What a pain. We found street parking, but only for 2 hours so DH had to go move the car. They did open the lots while he was moving it, so he moved it to the bottom lot. Definitely recommend that if you have enough people in your group - drop everyone off at the top (somehow, maybe on a side street) and then park at the bottom so you don't have to walk back up at the end of the day.

I was kind of disappointed there weren't more big animals. The pandas, elephants, monkeys, lions and tigers were great (although many were sleepy) but I guess the hippos, rhinos, and giraffes have all been moved to other zoos. Didn't realize that. Oh and we liked the kimodo dragon, too. Troy's favorite was the elephant - he kept saying then and later "He has a big trunk. He has big ears. He has big legs." And later on at home he imitated all the animals - he is at such a great age!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"