Cincinnati Babies
Options

NBR: VENT & ?: CC COs. & Cell Phone COs. when you have an issue

Do you kill them with kindness the ENTIRE conversation even when they are being completely irrational and have horrible customer service or do you choose to be stern... Do you turn on b!tch mode when you have to?

I had to call one of my cc companies who has messed up our bill TWICE in the past 3 months and yell at them... My admin was telling me to be professional while I was on the phone and I am completely and utterly annoyed with her for being "holier then tho" while I am trying to deal with a customer service person who can do cr@p for me...

Re: NBR: VENT & ?: CC COs. & Cell Phone COs. when you have an issue

• Options
    When that happens, I'd ask to talk to a manager.  I've always had decent luck when I've called... and I normally kill em with kindness.  It's not a job I'd want, so I feel for them..
  • Options

imagekel716:
    When that happens, I'd ask to talk to a manager.  I've always had decent luck when I've called... and I normally kill em with kindness.  It's not a job I'd want, so I feel for them..

I am usually this way but when they mess it up twice within a 3 month period.. I have no patience for them making mistakes... if we make a mistake, we get charged a late fee, etc.. when they make a mistake its ok.. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

When my credit card payment is due, I always schedule it for the due date online, even if I pay it a few days ahead of time (it's my money until that date, ya know???? they're earning enough $$ off of me). 

The company I deal with had a payment due on a Sunday.  Even though I scheduled it on Friday (before 5), it didn't credit until Monday.  I got charged a late fee.  I called them.  They said they'd take it off.  They didn't.  The next month, they changed the due date (this is last month, so it's after the laws went into effect where this is a big no no).  Now that I know the due date, I don't look at my statement until I'm ready to pay the bill.  Well, at this point it is 3 days past my due date.  Ooops....  once again, I'm charged a late fee.  When I talked to cust service, they fixed it and the change was noted on my last statement (I opened this one to check immediately). 

Anyway, my point is that with the new credit card laws, they have to do certain things.  If they don't, they can get into a lot of trouble.  Be sure to call, and if the rep isn't helping you ask to talk to their supervisor.  Make sure you have all the info, and go from there.  Hopefully it works out. 

• Options

thanks for the info...

The issue I am having is with Crate and Barrel... we bought our bedroom furniture from them, had the money to pay for the furniture but they had 6 mos 0% so we said why not, save the money and collect interest... So the way the cc works is like a macys card where you have a promotional account and a revolving.. The revolving needs to be paid off at the end of the month so you do not inccur interest, etc... well I keep paying the bill and they keep putting my payments into the revolving part of the account which has no balance.. so the revolving is NEGATIVE and the promotional account looks like it isnt getting paid...

Its stupid and annoying they should look at my acct and see that my revolving has nothing on it and the promotional is what I need to be paying...

make sense?

• Options

imagekel716:

This is exactly how I am too.  That stinks that they are putting it towards the wrong "account" maybe they are hoping you don't notice so they can charge you interest?  CC companies are pretty evil.

• Options
    I think you need to speak to a supervisor if the person you talk to originally cannot solve your problem.  It sounds like it's a little more complicated than a simple bill adjustment.  GL!
  • Options

The only time I had an issue with a credit card company that wasn't easily solved, the customer service agent was also a real pill. I did not yell. I simply said, "If you can't fix it, then I'd like to close my account." She fixed it very quickly after that.

Photo by Melissa Nicole Photography

imageimage
  • Options
    I try to maintain a polite & professional (but firm) demeanor. Having worked in customer service, it can be really tough.

But... if they're being irrational & such, I would definitely ask to speak with a supervisor. If they're no better, then I would probably hang up & write a letter.

Oh, and definitely always take name. Note the date & time, and who you're talking to, and what happened.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"