Infertility
Options

Hormone Level Q

I am in my first medicated cycle and my nurse has started to tell me my Estrogen, LSH and Progestion levels.  I have no idea what they mean and what they should be.  Can someone give me a coles notes lesson on them or a website with good information I can read.  (She left a message and the office is closed now so I can't call her back for an explanation.  I am not to worried b/c they know what they need to know, I'm just curious)

Today?s levels (CD 4)

Estrogen: 190 (she said it should be higher)
LSH: 3.5
Progestron: 1.8

My RE is upping my Prugon (I think it is called Follistim in the States) from 75iu to 125iu for the next two days and then I have an ultrasound and b/w again and will find out the next steps that afternoon. 
TIA for any info you can give me. 

Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hormone Level Q

• Options

Are you really at CD4, or is this after four days of stimming (usually that would be CD6-9).   How big was your largest follicle?  My E2 was probably around that level last cycle when I was 1/2 way through my stims and it shot up as I got a mature follicle. 

image 30 y/o with PCOS HSG normal, SA essentially normal (slightly low morph but good # and motility) 50 mg Clomid...zip; 100 mg Clomid...nada; 150 mg Clomid...zilch 1/10 Injectable cycle with Gonal-F, Ovidrel, and TI.....Beta 2/22...BFN 2/10 Injectable cycle with Gonal-F and Follistim (long story), Ovidrel..BFN 4/10 Injectable cycle (see above). BFP but early m/c 5w5d. 5/10 Break cycle due to BFC (Big Fat Cyst)...darn it all 6/10 Injectable cycle +IUI...BFN 7/10 Injectable cycle + IUI.....BFP!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yes, I am really at CD4. I have only done 2 injectiosn so far.  3rd one is tonight.  They counted 7 follicles on the right and 12 on the left but they were all "really small" not at a point to measure them yet.  I had my ultrasound on CD2 and I have another on CD6.

What is a E2?  And I don't know if I meant to type LSH or FSH and now I deleted the nurses message.  The nurses didn't say to much other then my E thing should be higher.  I'm so confused.  I think I am going to ask her to explain more when I am in on Sunday. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think I might have eased my confusion now by looking at https://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hormonelevels.html

• Options
    Sally Anne, that is a good link.  Thanks for sharing it! 

I don't really have a good response to your question.  I just got some bloodwork back today (E2, FSH, and LH, but all cd3) so your post sparked my interest. 

GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"