Infertility
Options

Beta didn't double

Monday was 131

Wednesday was 323

Today is 503

The nurse delivered it almost like bad news and I asked her what it means.  She said it could be fine, but that also I may want to prepare myself; to keep taking my meds, and come back on Monday. 

I didn't hold it together before I could make it out of my office to the restroom.  I called DH, he started looking stuff up for me to calm me down... it's possible that it's still okay right?  Oh, I'm just petrified right now. 

Lovey and I married Oct 2005 He's 34; I'm 33
TTC since October 2007 DX: MFI
#1 & #2: Fall 2009 - 2 rounds of Clomid - BFN's
#3: April 2010: IVF w/ ICSI - BFP but then....blighted ovum, D&C 5/26/10
#4: 8/27/10 - FET = BFN :(
#5: FET #2 - 10/28/10, 2 embryos... BFN
#6: IVF w/ ICSI & AH ER 3/5/2011; 6-day trx 2 blasts 3/11 BFP!!! HB @ 6weeks but it was gone a few days later. D&C 4/8/11
#7: IVF w/ ICSI & AH ER 8/29/11; 6 day trx 2 blasts, BFP!! (3 totsicles too) HB seen at 7 weeks, but was gone at 8.5 weeks. D&C 10/14/11 HEARTBROKEN!!
#8 FET - 4/6/12, 1 embryo.....
**** SAIFW ****

Re: Beta didn't double

• Options
    I'm sorry, I hope everything is okay...seems like it still was on the rise?  Try to think positive

Diagnosed PCOS & MFI-Success with IUI
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I'm so sorry you didn't get better news. (((((((hugs)))))))

After 5 years of TTC, 3 IUIs, 5 IVFs, 2 FETs, multiple losses and an adoption that wasn
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it will be fine. It still increased a good bit. Positive energy your way!
    TTC#1 since 7/07 with MFI and Endo/PCOS IUI #1 and #2 with 50mg of clomid= BFN IUI#3 with 100mg of clomid and Bravelle= BFN Lap surgery 11-18-09= found Stage IV Endo :( Three months of Depot Lupron Shots and adding 2000mg Metformin IVF w/ ICSI May 2010 = BFP, M/C at 6 weeks Break to lose weight, down 60 pounds and gearing up for IVF #2 in August 2011
  • Options
    I think that as long as it doubles in 48-72 hours you're fine, right?  I'm keeping everything crossed for you.
    image 30 y/o with PCOS HSG normal, SA essentially normal (slightly low morph but good # and motility) 50 mg Clomid...zip; 100 mg Clomid...nada; 150 mg Clomid...zilch 1/10 Injectable cycle with Gonal-F, Ovidrel, and TI.....Beta 2/22...BFN 2/10 Injectable cycle with Gonal-F and Follistim (long story), Ovidrel..BFN 4/10 Injectable cycle (see above). BFP but early m/c 5w5d. 5/10 Break cycle due to BFC (Big Fat Cyst)...darn it all 6/10 Injectable cycle +IUI...BFN 7/10 Injectable cycle + IUI.....BFP!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry it wasn't the news you wanted to hear, but lets hope for the best right now. Sending you tons of PPV's!!!! (((hugs))))

Dx: PCOS, Anovulatory, Amenorrhea 2006
    TTC: Sept 2008
    IVF#1 Cancelled due to breast biopsy.05/01/20

IVF#1.2- 9/2010 - Cancelled Oversurpressed

IVF#2 Microdose Lupron 10/2010 Beta 11/09=BFN
    IVF#3 2/2011 - 2 blasts(2/25) Beta 03/11 =BFN
    IVF#4 Lupron 01/02 =2 blasts, beta's 1-4 198,234,398,3100!!BFP
    FET 3/2014 2 blasts BETA 3/20=BFP TWINS EDD 11/27 TEAM PINK!!!                   

• Options

It's close to the minimum increase of 1.6 that my RE likes to see (516) but not quite. You had a great double between beta 1 and 2.  Did you have the beta drawn a lot earlier in the day than you did the second one? That could be playing a part, if you did. I know there have been ladies that have seen that kind of rise and everything turned out ok. Plenty of successes from slow rising betas. I would poll the ladies over on SAIF and see if they have had anything similar. Even though it didn't double, it did rise, which is a very good sign. And you are not that far off from doubling, so don't lose hope!

I hope you have a sticky one in there!!!  {{HUGS}}}}

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm starting to hate the word beta!  Gah!

I thought the doubling time was 48-72 hours?  You would definitely fit within that range.  Hoping for the best for you!

• Options
    Crossing my fingers that everything is ok!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

imageimage
    TTC Since Dec 2006
    *IVF #1 cancelled at ET*
    *IVF #2 OHSS, transfer cancelled*
    *FET #1 2 frosties, c/p*
    *Lap April 2010, removed endometrioma/endo implants*
    *Surprise BFP June 2010*
    *Beautiful daughter born 2/14/11!!*
    Thoughts from an Overwrought Mind
    SAIFW
  • Options

I know it's not exactly doubling but it a great rise.

Sending you tons of great beta vibes for Monday.

GL cutie

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • Options

I think there loads of hope! It rose and doubling can take 48-72 hours. Check out this beta website: https://www.betabase.info/showBasicChart.php?type=Single

• Options

imageQuiltingBee:
    I think that as long as it doubles in 48-72 hours you're fine, right?  I'm keeping everything crossed for you.

This is what I thought too.  I'll keep everything crossed for good news on Monday.

*P/SAIFW* TTC since 1/08 Clomid, 2 IUIs, 4 IVFs, FET 7 losses Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your stress...it seems like a strong beta still though?!

TTC in 2008. Stage II/III endo, Hashimotos hypothyroid, low morph (3%).
    2 cycles Clomid/Ovidrel/TI/Crinone=BFN.
    IUI #1 - 4 Follistim/Ovidrel/IUI/Crinone = BFN.
    IVF #1 - Antagonist w/ ICSI 4/10. 17 retrieved, 5DT of 2, BFN :(
    IVF #2 - Long Lupron w/ ICSI 6/10. 15 retrieved, 3DT of 2, BFFN!!
    Lap 7/21/10
    IVF #3 - Clomid/Antagonist w/ ICSI 10/10. 14 retreived, 3DT of 3, BFP 10/20 but m/c. No HB 11/15/10 - D&C 11/17/10.
    FET - 2 blasts, 1 survived the thaw. Transfer 2/19. Beta #1 3/1 375, Beta #2 3/3 885, Beta #3 3/8 4261, Beta #4 3/11 9005. U/S 3/8 1 sac 1 yolk, U/S 3/16 1 heartbeat 114bpm!

James born Oct. 24th 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks!

Surprise BFP - Jack born April 28, 2013 via VBAC after PTL at 33 1/2 weeks!

• Options

*~*~*~*~PPV*~*~*~*~

I hope that you just have lazy betas and monday will be fine.

• Options

imageQuiltingBee:

Ditto!  Doubling in 48-72 hours, so I think you're fine!  Don't stress out just yet, you are still in this!  :)  Congrats on the great rise and good luck!

• Options
    I don't have any words of advice, but wanted to send tons of PPV your way. I hope that those numbers just keep going up up up. ::hugs::
  • Options
    Hope Monday brings you nice HIGH numbers. .:Doubling beta dust:.
  • Options
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.  Lots of PPV your way!!!
    SAIFW
    PCOS diagnosis~can't remember how many years ago
    Several cycles of Clomid with OBGYn ~BFNs
    11-09 Initial Consult with RE
    12-09 Changed to a different RE
    1-2010 CCT-BFN
    2-2010 Rest Cycle, Waiting for AF..where are yOU?
    3.5.2010 RE found a cyst....Rest another month
    3.12.10 AF
    3.13.10 Cyst still there....on BCP until next month
    4.10.10 Starting Lupron/Gonal-F/Luveris
    April 2010 IVF #1 ~ BFP
    5.5.10 Beta #1~150
    5.7.19 Beta #2~300
    5.19.10 1st u/s 2 sacs~~
    5.25.10 2nd u/s 2 heartbeats~twins
    EDD 1.12.11
    Delivered on 11.28.10 due to HELLP syndrome at 33w 4days
    myblog
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Hang in there and don't give up hope yet!  My second beta didn't come close to doubling, but my little fighter is still hanging on.  It did go up, so that is a step in the right direction.  I'm wishing for big numbers for you on Monday!!
    TTC with unexplained IF since 8/2007 6 losses, one beautiful perfect boy in our arms Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you - GL on Monday!!!!
  • Options
    I wish you had gotten better news.  Hopefully Monday's beta will show that the baby is o.k.  Hang in there.
    Beautiful Miracle Baby lost at 21 weeks due to pre-term labor and incompetent cervix. FET#1 BFN, FET#2 BFP, early loss. FET#3 BFN. IVF#2 BFFN. FET #4 BFP after removing bilateral hydrosalpinx and 3 months of lupron depot. Sticky Bun is here!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry it didn't double but don't give up hope yet! ((hugs))
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for a high beta on Monday!
    DX: Him: Super sperm Me: Diminished pituitary function due to tumor removed April 2008, MTHFR Hetero C677T & A1298C
    IVF #1-4=BFN IVF #5=BFP! U/S on 5/3 revealed TWINS!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    I'm so sorry, sweetie! I hope that you get some good news on Monday. Everything I've read says that doubling time is 2 - 3 days. Maybe you're just on the longer end of the range. (((hugs)))
  • Options

I am so sorry.  I hope everything works out.

(((hugs)))

• Options
    Prayers
  • Options
    it could be fine, betas are a crazy thing. I hope the weekend flies for you hon!
  • Options
    My prayers are with you! I hope that it works and it was just a fluke this time!
    imageimage Nest Bio I My Blog 2011 Races: Robbins Run 5K Trail Run- 4/23/11 Turkey Hill Country Classic 5K- 5/7/11 MHA Ladies 5K- 6/4/11 Hershey Half Marathon- 10/16/11 Amish Country Half Marathon- 11/5/11 Turkey Trot 5K 11/24/11 Jingle Bell Run 12/11/11 Kris Kringle 5 Miler 12/18/11
  • Options

I am so sorry hon.

Did you plug the times and numbers into beta base?

I think as long as you double in 48-72 hours, you are fine.

Sending T&Ps. 

Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    I'm sorry - I wish you had gotten better news; but I am sending positive vibes your way. I hope Monday will be show higher numbers.
    TTC since April 2008. DH: severe MFI; IVF w/ICSI X 2 = BFN. SAIFW!
  • Options
    grazygrazy member
    Sending you lots of luck. I am very hopeful for you!
    DS born 7.30.11
  • Options
    When I was pregnant with twins my beta did not double at first. I went from like 180 to 250 and was already told how I could do my D&C. Everything turned out fine for the first trimester. I have my fingers crossed!!
    IVF #1 BFN... IVF #2 BFP! TWINS!
    Twins born too early at 23 weeks due to incompetent cervix
    FET #1, IUI #1, 2, 3, 4 - all BFN
    IVF #3 BFP!!! IT'S A BOY! Born July 16th, 2011
    FET #2 BFP! Due February 15, 2013
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    jani7jani7 member
    Sending PPVs!!!
  • Options

I'm so sorry it didn't double, but am hopeful everything will go OK.  Sometimes I find the nurses are so used to delivering this information as part of their job, they forget that its a number we focus on unlike any other!

Keep us posted.  I'm praying for you this weekend!

TTC since April 2009 dx = PCOS; TTC History for DS - A FET miracle after 7 IUIs; 2 fresh transfers, and 1 other FET resulted in BFNs. Hoping and Praying for baby #2: Cycle 1 - FET; November 2012 BFN Next Steps - who knows? Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm sorry it didn't double, but like others have said, I've always heard ever 48-72 hours so there is still hope, esp. since it did rise.  GL and lots of doubling beta dust to you.
  • Options
    Sending lots of PPV to you!  Hugs!
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but you are really close. (((hugs)))  Hope it goes way up for Monday.  GL!
    TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

• Options
    I'm sorry it didn't double but it still might be OK!!!
  • Options
    Wishing you the best - hang in there!
    B/G twins!
  • Options
    imageAuburnBride06:

It's close to the minimum increase of 1.6 that my RE likes to see (516) but not quite. You had a great double between beta 1 and 2.  Did you have the beta drawn a lot earlier in the day than you did the second one? That could be playing a part, if you did. I know there have been ladies that have seen that kind of rise and everything turned out ok. Plenty of successes from slow rising betas. I would poll the ladies over on SAIF and see if they have had anything similar. Even though it didn't double, it did rise, which is a very good sign. And you are not that far off from doubling, so don't lose hope!

I hope you have a sticky one in there!!!  {{HUGS}}}}

This.  My RE is 1.7, but it's still close to that, so hopefully it's just a slow beta.   Good luck and try not to stress too much this weekend (I know, easier said than done).

TTC #1 since June 2008
    M/C @ 6 weeks 12/31/2008, Ectopic @ 6 weeks on 4/23/2010
    Diagnosed Unexplained 11/2009-DH is fine-I don't get AF
    Cycle #22 - 1/27/11 - IUI #1 & Injections - BFP! - DS born 11/11/11 
    TTC#2 - 2/24/14 - IUI & Injections - BFP! - EDD 11/29/14
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I was always under the impression that a good doubling could be anywhere from 24-72 hours (most of mine were 48-68 hour or so doublings, and only my first was 48h).

I am hopeful for you! 

Our miracle of modern medicine arrived 10-30-10! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"