Attachment Parenting
Options

F/U to my plugged duct.

I'm feeling a little better, but now I have a milk blister too. I'm contemplating the needle. I hate this.

After a long talk with my midwife, I am coming to terms with the fact that I need to let some things go. I'm always going....doing laundry, housework, cooking, shopping etc.  I had a play group this week at my house, and everyone made comments about how clean my house was and things like "don't let my husband come here!"

I am too stressed I think, not getting enough sleep (H gets up every 2 hours) and trying to do it all. This is my second plugged duct/mastitis episode. Sad

Hatching the Hawks
Hatching the Hawks
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: F/U to my plugged duct.

• Options
    Have you tried taking Lecithin? I had recurring plugged ducts (including a milk blister, ouch) and got mastitis twice. My MW told me to start taking Lecithin supplements and it really made a difference. There's more information about it on kellymom. Good luck.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Check & make sure your bras are properly fitted too. I kept getting plugged ducts when I had bras that weren't supportive enough. I've still had some here & there (plus that bleb that I had to take a needle to), but definitely less.

I get them when I'm overly stressed too. Lack of sleep & too much to do doesn't help. Take care of yourself mama. And I expect to see you @ the next Balance Check In! Wink

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got one when I was stressed, too.  I have let some stuff go.  Important things get done daily and everything else gets done when I have the time.  The needle is not that bad.  I didn't feel a thing because there was a calcification at the surface.  I did not push the needle into my soft tissue.  I just worked the calcified milk out.  Hope yours is this easy to remove.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"