Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

for those that potty trained or are potty training

did you buy a stand alone potty or did you buy one that attaches to the toilet? i really dont want a stand alone potty b/c it kinda grosses me out( not sure why since i change poopy diapers all day). i would like to get one that attaches to toilet although toilet is not too low. what do you think?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: for those that potty trained or are potty training

• Options
    we have stand alone potties.  they were way easier for dd.  some people think the ones that attach are easier.  i guess it's preference.  but dd was too small to get up on the big toilet and she often runs ahead of me stripping her pants off and is starting to sit before i can get to her so she needed to be able to get to everything herself. 
  • Options
    We have a stand alone pottie.  I'm not really potty training yet. I just got it cause DD was really showing an interest (kids were potty training at daycare and I think they were making a big deal about it). I'm a little grossed out over it too. After she uses it (which has only been about 10 times) I clean it and spray it down again with Lysol. The one we got can be used on the actual toliet when she gets bigger.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We actually have both.
  • Options
    both
    aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• Options

imagepunkfiction_v.3:
    both

which ones did you start teaching on?

• Options
    imagemelissaandgreg:

imagepunkfiction_v.3:
    both

which ones did you start teaching on?

it depended what room we were in. for aidan we had a little potty in our bathroom, but an insert on her bathroom's toilet.

i just hated having to put her ON the toilet every time (bc even step stools aren't that easy to have to flip around on). so it was nice to have a little one. 

but then she just decided which she liked better.

aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• Options
    DD has been potty trained for 2 weeks now! We have both kinds and we line the little potty with plastic bags to make cleaning it easy. I thought the same as you but the little potty really made her more independent and sped up the process!
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    thanks everyone! i think i will bite the bullet and buy both:) do they sell liners for the potty?
  • Options
    We have both. DD uses her stand alone potty most of the time, but doesn't having any issues sitting on the big potty with her little seat. It's just easier for her to use her little potty. Dumping the poop is very disgusting though! 
  • Options
    OUrs is a stand alone, but you can take the seat off and attach it to the toilet.  We tried her on the toilet at first and she almost fell off, so it's on the floor now.  She still falls off sometimes, but she is closer to the floor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"