Attachment Parenting
Options

He STTN... and I'm sad!

Last week, DS decided that he liked sleeping in his crib.   I was sad, but he really slept much more soundly - and so did I, because he's a NOISY sleeper (we call him our little Velociraptor).

So, he's been sleeping in his room from 9pm till his 1am feeding, I'd get some late-night snuggles and he'd go back in his crib till 5-6am.

For the last two nights, he ate a HUGE amount at bedtime (10oz!) and didn't wake up till 5am, and then was wide awake from 5am on.  Luckily, Daddy's an early riser!  I did take a nap with him this afternoon.

I know I should be thrilled that he STTN....but it totally freaked me out!  I woke up every hour on the hour and had to go to his room to check on him (even though we have monitors and I could hear him) and I kept expecting him to start screaming, but he never did....I'm not in a hurry for my little boy to grow up; he's only 8 weeks old.  But, I believe in baby-led sleeping, so waking him up for cuddles isn't an option.  :(

Stay little for a while longer, baby boy!

Re: He STTN... and I'm sad!

• Options

Don't worry, he'll probably regress in no time Stick out tongue Get the rest while you can!

• Options

I agree w/ EcoBaby. :) Ari started sleeping 5-6 hour stretches around your LOs age & it was over pretty quickly. But! Maybe you'll be lucky & have a good sleeper.

Hope we didn't scare you. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ditto pp.  My DD STTN from 9 weeks to 4 months.  She didn't do it reliably (aka more than 2 nights in a row) again until 13 1/2 months.

I hope yours isn't like mine...but just enjoy the sleep while it lasts in case it doesn't!

Heather Margaret --- Feb '07 and Todd Eldon --- April '09
  • Options

Bring it on, lol.

I'll look back on this post someday and smack myself in the head.  =D

• Options
    I think that if Henry actually STTN I'd throw a party.
    Hatching the Hawks
    Hatching the Hawks
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagetak2002:
    I think that if Henry actually STTN I'd throw a party.

Ditto this!  I haven't gotten more than a 4 hour stretch of sleep (and even those are rare these days) for almost seven months.

ENJOY IT!!!  :)

• Options
    Like others said... enjoy it now!I remember going to my 6 week check-up and saying how I just knew I was going to get my period back any day because he slept from 9p-12a, nursed, slept till 6a, nursed, then woke at 9a. By 8 weeks, he had dropped the 12a nursing, and a couple weeks later the 6a nursing was dropped too.By 3.5/4 months sleep became inconsistent. Today, I'm doing my NCSS logs and officially starting tomorrow :) 
  • Options
    I hope you have one of those magical babies that starts STTN by themselves from the very beginning. In case that doesn't happen, get some rest now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"