Breastfeeding
Options

Building a stash

I am going on vacation in a couple of weeks and would like to have a stash of milk to bring with me. I just bought the Medela pump and when I pump I can only get about 3 oz. If I pump and additional 10 minutes after BF, will my supply increase? I know it's suppose to be supply and demand, but I also know the pump isn't as efficient as he is. If it will increase, about how long will it take to do so?

Also, while on vacation, I don't plan on BF'ing after the morning and maybe at night. How often will I need to pump to maintain my supply? I will be gone for 4 days. Thank you in advance.

Re: Building a stash

• Options

i posted this about a week ago... hope it help you too :) 

if you need to fatten up your milk and keep up/increase your supply, make sure to massage your breast while you pump. rub toward the nipple from every direction. it will help to empty your breast more completely and signal to your body that you need more milk. i usually get atleast a second letdown. it takes longer, but it's because your getting out more milk and getting that second letdown. hope this helps! oh and i EP

• Options
    OH and i only pump 2-3 times a day and get around 12-13 oz each time since i started massaging. so hopefully you get the same outcome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"