Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Losing weight while very PG??

I have lost weight the past few weeks but my midwife does not seem to be concerned. Did this happen to anybody else?

I am not sure if I am not eating enough, or just eating enough for the baby to get what they need or what.

It isn't a huge loss but a couple of lbs. Midwife said to watch it and try to increase the calorie content but how many more damn cookies can I eat? I seriously eat EVERYTHING in sight and I am just starting to worry as this has not happened with any of my other pgs. 

Re: Losing weight while very PG??

• i lost weight at the same time when preg with sawyer.

and this time, i havent gained any weight in a few weeks, which i guess means ive technically lost since reese has gained. 

i wouldn't just eat cookies though LOL 

aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• In my non-expert opinion (as someone who had a hard time gaining weight at the beg of pregnancy), you need more protein, not cookies. Try having some carnation instant breakfast for a quick fix. Also fatty foods like avocados, eggs, cook with coconut oil, etc.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Its pretty normal. you tend to lose some water weight in the last few weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My OB told me it is completely normal to maintain or lose weight in the last month because the baby has the stomach cramped into basically nothing. :) I wouldn't worry as long as you are eating!
    Brooke 10.15.08 & Molly 6.15.10

Photobucket

• For both of mine, I started losing a bit at the very end, like within two weeks of when I ended up delivering. My OB wasn't concerned either time.

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • imagepunkfiction_v.3:

i lost weight at the same time when preg with sawyer.

and this time, i havent gained any weight in a few weeks, which i guess means ive technically lost since reese has gained. 

i wouldn't just eat cookies though LOL 

Haha I don't eat cookies really at all. But I have stocked up on high-fat foods and nothing gives. I am just at lost as what to eat anymore. I spent $125 on groceries and have consumed every last cent of what I bought in 2-3 days. When I say I eat, I mean I practically have a buffet for every meal.

Thanks for the feedback ladies! I'm not so worried anymore but still puzzled haha! 

• I lost a few pounds in the last month. But I gained 50, so they weren't missed ;)
  • haha. i gained 18 lbs( yes, 18 lbs) in the first trimeser, 7 in second, and none in the third. they did make me go for a growth ultrasound in third just to make sure. it was fine!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"