Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

DH was so sweet last night...

Lately we are kind of choosing to only hang out with couples who've had losses (okay, it's really me, not him).  We had dinner with dear friends last night who had a missed m/c at 8 weeks and a D&C a few weeks later (she wanted to have a natural m/c rather than surgery). 

Anyway, point of the story: they have an almost 3 y/o boy who is just adorable and super talkative.  Usually my husband ignores him or just says a couple of silly words to him.  Last night, he wouldn't leave his side.  He kept tickling him and showing him pictures that we had taken of him at Easter (they visited our church) and making silly noises.  I think he's realizing what we've lost.  This is his way of moving forward.  I am so proud of him and know he will make an amazing dad.
Twin boys born too early at 17w4d and 18w2d in February 2010
Transabdominal cerclage placed September 2010
DS born at 35w1d in February 2011
Twin girls born at exactly 36w in February 2013
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: DH was so sweet last night...

• Options
    It is strange to see how it affects our DH's. My DH was playful with our nephew before, but now he is even more so. They even cuddle on the couch to watch tv! so cute
  • Options
    My DH was playing with my nephew the other day. It helped him, and hurt me. I hate those situations. I'm sure it'll get easier on my end though.

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Am sorry for your lose. My Fi and i have about 10 nieces and nephews who we spend alot of time with after our MC. The Easter weekend he were watching the kids on thier hunt when he walked up to one of my nephews and started helping him pick up egg and then spent a good amount of time running around playing with them... they always run up to him when we go to visit and call him uncle carrot that what makes me know that he is going to be a great dad

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"