Austin Babies

Re: Chocolate flavored formula - thoughts?

• I don't have as much of an issue with the flavoring as I do the ingredients put into those toddler-geared formulas. Most of them (at least the ones I've seen anyway) are complete crap. High fructose corn syrup is one of the first ingredients. I have nothing wrong with formula, but I think the toddler ones are a marketing ploy by the formula companies and babies would be best if they were moved straight on to whole milk.
  • The high amounts of sugar bother me. From me, Rhett gets milk or water at home. When he gets a drink with his meal when we are out he can sometimes get lots of water with a little lemonade from the fountain for a special treat. Monte gives him whatever he wants, which really ticks me off. I tell him no soda, no lemonade at home, and only occasionally a little 100%, no sugar added juice with a ton of water, but he gives him lemonade at home and juice with meals sometimes. Confused

Rhett was on a milk strike for the last month or so. I talked to the pedi and she said continue to give yogurt and cheese as usual and if we were really worried about it we could give him some OJ with extra calcium once a day. We did a little oj, mainly just gave the yogurt and cheese, and he went back to drinking milk as usual after a while. If we had started flavoring his milk with chocolate then I know he wouldn't have gone back to the regular milk. So it's not something I would do on a regular basis. I know some kids really just will not drink milk at all and that would be a difficult situation. I don't know what I would if it was a long-term issue rather than a phase.

Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• Loading the player...
  • That is seriously stupid.  This comment is EQUALLY stupid and I kind of want to slap Bethany off her high horse:

"Glad I?m still breastfeeding my 21 month old and don?t have to worry about him ever getting this stuff :)

Right, because I choose to FF, my kids are destined to be fed chocolate formula.  FF = too dumb to know chocolate formula is ridic! 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagemlf625:

That is seriously stupid.  This comment is EQUALLY stupid and I kind of want to slap Bethany off her high horse:

"Glad I?m still breastfeeding my 21 month old and don?t have to worry about him ever getting this stuff :)

Right, because I choose to FF, my kids are destined to be fed chocolate formula.  FF = too dumb to know chocolate formula is ridic! 

Come on, mlf. You know you put a big ol' dollop of Hershey's into every bottle you give V.  :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Wow.  I thought this was going to be a joke, but they are really making chocolate flavored toddler formula.  Oh my.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The flavorings don't bother me...so many people buy that Horizons Organic milk and doesn't it come in vanilla and chocolate flavors?

I just think the whole 'toddler formula' is silly.  Obviously a marketing ploy because a toddler should be getting their nutrition from food.  I would never buy it, but I don't even give my toddler juice.  She gets milk or water.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekiarox2002:
    Wow.  I thought this was going to be a joke, but they are really making chocolate flavored toddler formula.  Oh my.

Me too.  Oy!

No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagekatattack:

Come on, mlf. You know you put a big ol' dollop of Hershey's into every bottle you give V.  :)

ORGANIC Hershey's!  That makes it okay!  You don't no my lyfe! 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"