D.C. Area Babies
Options

did you guys see this post?

Re: did you guys see this post?

• Options

I understand the frustration and thinking that your baby will never sleep any where but in your arms...HOWEVER....that being said - I decided that it was better to have DS sleep on me than to CIO.  I spend countless nights propped up in my bed or in the glider  with him in my arms.  Eventually he learned to sleep in his bed (by 3 months).  And now....I miss those days of him falling asleep so easily on me :( 

YIKES 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wow!!!! I don't think I would ever show my face on that board again if I were her! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I read the original post I thought well, I don't agree, but at least she's only saying 5 minutes. And then I got down to the 3 day old...OH my word. It really is just heart breaking. Of course, I say that with a sleeping baby taking a nap on my chest (I'm home with him today, he's sick)...I was terrified to put him down at all the first night (okay, 2 weeks at least!), much less let him CIO! If she'll do that with a 3 day old I hate to think what she'd do with a 6 month old.
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I feel for that baby too.  Maybe the mom just needs some time to get her head on straight. Perhaps she was tired, desperate and unsure.  I wish her mom or MIL was there to help her.  

I remember day 3, I was feeling ridiculously tired and a little overwhelmed BUT all I wanted to do was hold DD even when she was sleeping.  It was such a nice feeling.  I remember my mom telling me that I needed to get off the couch and go about my life and all I could think was that there was this little sweet thing alseep in my arms and this wouldn't last forever but I really wanted it to.  My reaction wasn't anything like countrygirl's but the feelings may be the same. 

I just think that girl was young and overwhelmed.  I hope she only read the earlier, more constructive comments.  The later ones just got ridiculously mean.  This is why my national boards are gardening and decorating.          

BTW, DD is still cuddly and when she's tired she'll put her head on my shoulder and rest and I love the weight of her there.  Oh, this makes me want to go home early thinking about it.  I miss the LO.  

• Options
    That just makes me want to cry!!  Although, I remember when my parents came out to "help" when BabyCrown was 2-4 wks and telling me that I was spoiling him because we held him too much.  WTH?  We were also having major feeding issue.  Now he rarely wants to be held so I'm so glad I did so much of it when he was tiny!  And I totally plan on attachment parenting with #2 since I know I'll be home with her.  (not for everyone, I know!)  DH thinks people should have to pass tests in order to parent, and I don't always disagree with him.
  • Options
    I just finished reading the whole thread.  It kills me.  I was exhausted too...but the thought of DS crying and not being consoled.  I am not into the CIO...but if it works for you.  But please wait until they are old enough.  
  • Options
    Wow - I couldn't read it all either. That's insane! I still end up holding my almost 14 month old to sleep sometimes and she still nurses to sleep at naptime and bedtime every day. I'm not anti-CIO (did it with DD1 at about 9.5 months old and tried it with DD2 at 10 months old, but it didn't work well) but who can let a 3 day old cry???
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagemommmyz:
    When I read the original post I thought well, I don't agree, but at least she's only saying 5 minutes. And then I got down to the 3 day old...OH my word. It really is just heart breaking.

same here, I was thinking "sometimes you have to go to the bathroom and it might take a few minutes and they have to cry" (I was never talented enough to hold the baby and use the bathroom at the same time.)

But oh wow, I can't imagine letting a 3 day old cry like that. DH and I were really lucky--Warner was not a very fussy baby. So I can't say that I know what it's like to have a baby that just will not stop crying. but at 3 days old, I barely went for 45 minutes without holding him period. Poor little thing.

Did countrymom ever reply?

• Options
    imagebh2720:

imagemommmyz:
    When I read the original post I thought well, I don't agree, but at least she's only saying 5 minutes. And then I got down to the 3 day old...OH my word. It really is just heart breaking.

same here, I was thinking "sometimes you have to go to the bathroom and it might take a few minutes and they have to cry" (I was never talented enough to hold the baby and use the bathroom at the same time.)

But oh wow, I can't imagine letting a 3 day old cry like that. DH and I were really lucky--Warner was not a very fussy baby. So I can't say that I know what it's like to have a baby that just will not stop crying. but at 3 days old, I barely went for 45 minutes without holding him period. Poor little thing.

Did countrymom ever reply?

they paged her in a separate thread and she did reply, trying to justify but no one bought it

• Options

imageMrsTiara:
    DH thinks people should have to pass tests in order to parent, and I don't always disagree with him.

Totally agree!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"