D.C. Area Babies
Options

Need Baby Shower Game Ideas / Ice Breakers

We are doing a post-baby shower for a friend who didn't want to have the shower before the baby was born. The baby will be about 6 weeks old and we are expecting 8-10 women at the shower. There will be a few women at the shower who don't know each other so we wanted some ideas of some baby-related ice breaker games. The mom said she doesn't want cheesy baby shower games but at the same time, we want to have some ice-breaker type games on-hand since not everyone knows each other. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks for your ideas.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Need Baby Shower Game Ideas / Ice Breakers

• Options

I have always been anti-cheesy shower games.  But I did do one when I hosted a baby shower for a friend that worked out well - it was a random mix of people so we needed an ice-breaker.

Everyone gets a baby clothes pin (at craft or party stores) and you pick 3 word which you can't say ie "Cute" "Baby" "Little".   If you hear someone use the word you take their clothes pin.  The person with the most clothes pins at the end win (we gave a potted plant).  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I didn't want any cheesy games at my shower so my sister got creative. She got a bunch of plain white onesies, bibs and tshirts and then bought a bunch of different colored fabric paint. She set up a table at my shower and people decorated the various items and my sister took their picture with their creation. It was a fun activty and then I had some really nice keepsakes for my LO to wear.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMrsKLS:
    I didn't want any cheesy games at my shower so my sister got creative. She got a bunch of plain white onesies, bibs and tshirts and then bought a bunch of different colored fabric paint. She set up a table at my shower and people decorated the various items and my sister took their picture with their creation. It was a fun activty and then I had some really nice keepsakes for my LO to wear.

We did this too!

The other "game" we had at my family shower was baby stuff Price Is Right. Basically, you get a bunch of stuff that the baby will need anyway (Tylenol, diaper cream, wipes, etc.) and have people break into teams. Then they have to guess the price of the item without going over. Whichever team gets the most right wins a prize, and then the mom gets to keep all the stuff! It's win-win.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    Thanks ladies for the ideas. I will run them by the hostess and see what she thinks.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"