Multiples
Options

shower/wishing well ?

if you already had your shower, did you have a wishing well? what did you ask for?

I know alot of friends did one for books, and I always liked that idea. my sisters asked me what I want and I said the books but my mom told them they should do a diaper one. (they can't keep a secret, so thats why I know). 

I just think the diaper one will be a PITA bc who knows what kind we will like or size, etc. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: shower/wishing well ?

• Options

I did have a wishing well, but I was not involved with the planning, so I didn't have an opportunity to ask for anything. It was a general wishing well, so I got a wide assortment of baby items.

I like the book idea!

• Options
    We did books at DS' shower and we have such a huge collection now and he loves to read his books. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by wishing well, I'm picturing a card basket like at a wedding or something.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

here they call it a wishing well, it's where you ask guest to bring something theme related to the shower. most of the showers I have been to do books for the babies library. but others do diapers, lotions things like that too.

• Options

No, I didn't have a wishing well.

I for one, always hate the shower invites that come with a registery insert and something that says "don't forget the wishing well!" (just got another one this week) - I feel like it's a little gift grabby.

But if you really wanted to do one, I agree with the books idea.  It's probably the best one I've heard.

Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I had one. Didn't "ask" for anything and got a ton of pacifiers, bottles, bibs, rattles, toys. 
  • Options

I did have one and I absolutely loved it! It was a variety of items and I wouldn't have it any other way! It's all in a basket upstairs and I still feel like I'm going through mini-treasures when I go through the unopened things. I got so many things that as a new mom, I would have never known to purchase. Special q-tips, a medicine dispenser nipple, nail clippers with a magnifying glass, etc. I also got a lot of teethers, baby tylenol, paci's, bibs, sun shades, baby wipes, several jittery pals to hang on the play mat or car seat. A dreft on the go cleaning stick, diaper sacks, baby wipe plastic containers for on the go and several other things. Here is the poem the hostess included in the invitation: 

Baby wipes, board books, teething rings, diaper cream, baby shampoo, lullabies and more. If each guest would bring just one of these, our new mommy would surely be pleased. No need to wrap, your name don't tell. She'll find the essentials in her wishing well!

ETA: The acutal well was a large beverage container
    (the kind you use during summer parties) purchased at Lowe's covered with a baby shower bag.

• Options
    thanks piccolina that sounds cute, going to send it to the sisters
  • Options

My mom and MIL threw my shower, and they included a poem in the invitation suggesting books instead of greeting cards (write a message in the cover instead) and inviting everyone to participate in a raffle (bring a package of any size/any brand of diaper to have your name entered - we gave a $50 gift certificate to a nice restaurant).  While I actually wrote the poem for them, I didn't want to be "gift grabby" and was sure to include a stanza saying nobody would be given evil looks if they chose not to participate in this stuff, and some didn't.  We had enough newborn diapers to get us through the first two weeks and have a shelf in our laundry room stocked with future sizes.  I love having a little library for a our babies as well!

I don't have the poem on this computer or I'd share it.  Maybe I'll post it later. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"