High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

on hospital bedrest now

yesterday i went in for a standard growth u/s. babies are great, baby a is 52nd %ile and 3lb 2 oz, baby b is 53rd%ile and 3lbs 4oz.

but my cervix is not longer holding out and is around .5cm, and funneling right to where the stitch is. so i am in here for the long haul. my dr. said if i am still pg come 34 weeks we can discuss me going home then.

i am in l&d for right now getting a mag sulfate drip to help with the babies neural development and doing another round of steroid shots. once all this fun stuff is over i will move over to antepartum. the good news is other than my cervix i am completely asymptomatic so at this point my dr. is just taking precautions but does not think i will deliver in the near future.
imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: on hospital bedrest now

• Options
    Welcome to the club! 12th day on hospital bedrest and not leaving until she comes or 34 weeks.
  • Options
    oh no, I'm so sorry!!! the twins are strong and so are you.....you can do it!!! I'll keep praying for you guys!! Keep us posted with every update!  **hugs**
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

So sorry, but at least you're near 30 weeks now! That's a huge accomplishment!

I'll be thinking of you!

• Options
    I am sorry to hear you are in the hospital but glad they are being so proactive and positive. All the best to you and the babies!
  • Options
    Good luck to you and hang in there!  29 weeks is great and you are in good hands now with lots of monitoring.  I have had two stays in L&D/antepartum this pregnancy and I know it is NOT fun, but I hope you will settle into a routine (and hope that your DH can bring you lots of yummy outside food to get through the day so you don't have to live on hospital food for the next few weeks).  It also helped me to have my DH bring me my own blankets and pillows as well as get dressed in my own clothes everyday to make things feel more "normal."  You're going great.  Keep growing, babies!!!
    Ryan 5/2010, Kyle 1/2007, Eric 3/2005
  • Options

hi again Lisa! sorry to bug you, I know you have a lot on your plate right now!

I'm assuming they found all of this out by TVU?  The reason i'm asking is I've begged to have a few more but they say no that as long as I'm not dialated (manual exam each visit) I'm fine. It makes me soo nervous that I could be close to the stitch and have no clue. You had the steroid shots earlier too, right?

• Options

Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear this - that is a bummer!  I'm so glad that you're not having any other symptoms at this point, that part is great news!!  Sounds like your babies are doing great too, so lots of good news to go along with the sucky news!  Hang in there!!

• Options
    imageMrsmaybebaby:

hi again Lisa! sorry to bug you, I know you have a lot on your plate right now!

I'm assuming they found all of this out by TVU?  The reason i'm asking is I've begged to have a few more but they say no that as long as I'm not dialated (manual exam each visit) I'm fine. It makes me soo nervous that I could be close to the stitch and have no clue. You had the steroid shots earlier too, right?

i get a tvu every week to check cervical length. i have actually only had 2 internal exams since my cerclage at 17 weeks. the first to check that there were no signs of infection and then at 27 weeks to confirm my cervix was still closed. 

i had one round of the steroid shots at 24 weeks and am actually getting a second round now.

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you are stuck in the hospital!  At least 34 weeks is not TOO far away, not after all the weeks you have already spent on home bed rest.  And at least you are in the best place in case anything happens.  I am SURE that with hospital bedrest you'll make it to the end.  I'm thinking of you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Keep growing little ones! Mama wants to see you, but not yet!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you're in the hospital but glad the doctors are being proactive and the babies are doing well. Hang in there...you're almost done!

image image
  • Options
    Hang in there.....the first few days are the worst, but I found once I got in my groove....whatever that means.....the six weeks went by relatively quickly.
    m/c feb 07 ~ m/c twins oct 08 ~ Duncan Thomas: born to heaven 5/19/09 - m/c jan 11

My Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Oh, Shipoopi- I'm so sorry.  I will be sending you good vibes for that cervix to hold strong!   GL, mama.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    so sorry to hear this. i hope you are able to keep those baby inside for a little bit longer. good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"