Northern California Babies
Options

Intro finally! (really I can spell)

Hi there! It looks like the hubby likes his new job, which means they want us to move. Yay! and Nay!

I'm so excited to move, but not about the price of houses, leaving my friends, looking for a pediatrician etc. But ysy to new an exciting adventures!

Me: I'm in my early 30's have a hubby, a freshly 2 year old boy, and a great doggy who is 3 or 4 (time has taken on a weird plane since getting prego).

Hubby is a computer geek and I'm a photographer and stay home with the little dude.

We speak Swedish and English at home, so if any of your are Swedish that would be awesome!

I'm looking forward to not have 70+ days over 100 degree weather over the summers.

The kiddo and I are rarely home, we like to go to the kids museum, sprinkler parks, parks, open gym, bounce houses (with play structures, he hates bouncies) and just being outside!

I'm not sure of the exact time frame, but we are going to be out there the 13th to 17th when we'll meet with a realtor  and then feel sick to our tummies all weekend over housing :p

Anyway, I hope to pipe up a bit more over here if that's cool. I have a friend out there that says Las Madres groups are great so I'll look at those too.

I'll probably have lots more questions. Thanks for reading :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Intro finally! (really I can spell)

• Options
    Hi & welcome! Good luck with the house hunting - where are you looking?
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Good luck with everything!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome!! Good luck with the house hunt.
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome. Oh and I totally cant spell..and I still get tons of love!! hehe
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Good luck on the house hunting, move, etc!!  You'll love it out here (which will be where, exactly?  ;) ) !  There are so many fun and interesting things for families to do!  

• Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • Options

Hello and welcome!

Where are you moving from and to?

My cousin's wife is actually Swedish and they live in Palo Alto and have an 8 month old...

• Options

Welcome!

• Options

Welcome!!! I wondered if you were Swedish when I first saw your screen name.  I'm 1/2 Swedish and speak it fluently.  My family lived in Stockholm until I was 5 and then we moved to California.  My mother is Haitian and could not handle the cold Swedish winters any longer.

I look forward to "seeing" you around! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Hi everyone :)

Well the hubs works in Mountain View. So I guess nearish there, but we're having major anxiety at the thought of mortgages. His old boss/manager and he were chatting and the manager jsut said, "yeah you just carry a 800k mortgage" The thought of that is crazy.

We lived in Foster City back in 2000 (in an apartment) but when we looked for ahome we freaked and moved to Austin. 

We don't really know where we want to live. His company will pay for hotel/extended stay for 60 days once we get there. We figure we'll rent something for a while until we figure out where to live. 

Feel free to rec your area/ neighborhood :)

• Options

Someone was just on the Newlyweds board asking about moving near  Sunnyvale which is right next to Mountain View.  Maybe this will help you out a little bit:

https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/35841831.aspx

:) 

• Options
    Welcome!!
  • Options

ooh I forgot when...

I'm not sure how soon, but by the fall I suspect. 

We'll be coming out with the hubs a lot i think over the summer :)

• Options
    welcome!
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    Good luck with the house hunt, and welcome to the board!
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Options
    imagelukaface:

Welcome!!! I wondered if you were Swedish when I first saw your screen name.  I'm 1/2 Swedish and speak it fluently.  My family lived in Stockholm until I was 5 and then we moved to California.  My mother is Haitian and could not handle the cold Swedish winters any longer.

I look forward to "seeing" you around! :)

Sweet! do you speak it at home? I'm so excited :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"