Toddlers: 24 Months+

XP: Peanut Allergy Mammas

I posted this on 12-24 as well.

Just and FYI--My DD has a life threatening peanut allergy.  I gave her Wish-Bone brand Ranch dressing.  She broke out with a rash and hives.  After discussing the situation with her allergist (nothing about nuts on the ingredient list), I called Wish-Bone to ask about possible cross- contamination.  Sure enough, though it was NOT listed on the label, products with peanuts in them are made on the same line as the Ranch dressing.  The of course "assured me" that they take every precaution to prevent cross-contamination.  I told them that that wasn't enough and that my DD had a reaction.  I pleaded with them that they put this information on the label.  I am sure it won't go anywhere, but I wanted to let other peanut allergy moms to stay away from Wish-Bone products.  With the advice of my allergist, I contacted FAAN as well.

For those that don't know:  The law only mandates that if an allergen is an actual ingredient it needs to be on the label.  There is no law about having "may contain..." or "manufactured in..." having to be on the label.

DD~6 years old~born June 6, 2008 (1st grade)
DS~4 years old~born November 6, 2010 (1st year of preschool)

Re: XP: Peanut Allergy Mammas

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"