Breastfeeding
Options

Spotting during BF?

I am just wondering if any of you have spotting or regular periods while you are breastfeeding.  I hadn't been able to BF or pump much since DS's birth because we have had almost constant visitors, but in the last couple days at the sugestion of the pediatrician I have been trying to BF with each feeding or pump when not BF.  I can tell my milk supply has been getting low, so could this recent increase in BF be causing hormone fluctuations?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Photobucket

Re: Spotting during BF?

• Options
    I don't have an answer to your question, but I had to comment on your siggy picture. I love the outfit. Our son was given the same outfit...however he doesn't fill it out quite as well as your son. He's still very small (under 6 lbs).
  • Options

I don't know very much about the hormone fluctuations, but to comment on something else you said, i understand the constant visitors baking it difficult to pump and breastfeed.  We had constant visitors too.  However, if you are really serious about breastfeeding, i'd recommend making that your TOP priority.  If you aren't comfortable whipping it out in front of people (i wasn't), then you either need to take the baby from the room for however long it takes for a feeding, or the visitors need to leave. These early weeks and months are vital to becoming successful at breastfeeding.  Good Luck!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My DS was EBF for over 7 months and still BFs a couple times a day now (at 21 months) and I am 29 weeks pregnant.

My first PP period was at 6 weeks and I was pretty regular until I got pregnant.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"