Illinois Babies

Pediatrician in Orland Park Area

Hi ladies! Anyone have a recommendation for a pediatrician in the Orland Park area?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pediatrician in Orland Park Area

• Dr. Dumais and here's why:

1) He's affiliated with both Palos and Christ Hospital - I like when there are options available! 
    2) Several nurses that work Labor & Delivery at Christ recommend him.
    3) My mom has always said "you don't know how good a doctor really is until you have an emergency."  Well my DS was put back into the hospital at 4 days old and Dr. Dumais was excellent throughout it all.  He would call the nurses station at night to check on my son's progress and test results, and all of the nurses at Hope Children's Hospital said he is one of the best.  Whenever someone at the hospital asked me who my pediatrician is and I would respond "Dr. Dumais" they would respond back "OH GOOD." 
    4) If you ever are in a situation where your child is hospitalized, Dr. Dumais does his rounds early in the morning, so you're not sitting around all day wondering when the doctor is coming. 
    5) He is very supportive of breastfeeding, and when my son had to go back in the hospital he even scheduled a lactation consultant to come over and work with me and DS. 
    6) I've always been able to get in for an appt on the same day when I've called for concerns such as an ear infection I thought DS had.
    7) The reception staff and nursing staff are all extremely nice. 
    8) They have an emergency line for off hours that you can call at anytime and either he or his associate will call you back quickly.  I've used it before, just last night actually when DS vomitted excessively, and I got a call back in less than 3 minutes. 

But with every good doctor there are cons:
    1) His regular office hours aren't so great - I think the office opens at 9:30am (I'm pretty sure this is because he goes to the hospitals to do his rounds in the morning though).  Not sure what time the office closes.  And the office does not have weekend hours, I'm not a fan of that at all! 
    2) The waiting room is so small.  I know they do their best so people aren't waiting around too long, but with a dr's office you just never know how long you are going to wait b/c the previous patient's sometimes run long.  I wasn't too crazy about sitting in a crowded small waiting room during flu season when DS was a small infant.  A friend recommended to me once though that you can always tell the receptionist nicely that you would prefer to keep your child contained from the waiting room germs, and that you will wait in the car with him/her, and have them call your cell phone when they are ready to take you into a room.  I never did this, but it is just a thought. 

Sorry this was so long, but when it came to finding a pediatrician I was super picky so I thought you might want to hear all the insight I had.  Good Luck!   

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thank you so much for taking the time to write all of that! I really do appreciate it! I will definitely check him out, as I'm planning on delivering at Palos. Thanks again!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Dr. Kevin Germino. He's at Orland Primary Care Physicians.  We love him. They have evening, Saturday and Sunday Hours.   We've loved everything about them and he is super great with kids.

708-403-8500

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Dr. Sean Diamond came HIGHLY recommended from 6 teachers in my building. He's located off of 159th and 107th st. and ONLY takes newborns. You can't get into him without a newborn!! Excellent office staff and great with children!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"