Parenting after 35
Options

H has finally begun to eat!!!

All of sudden Harrison turned into hungry, hungry hippo! Its too funny. He can't get enough. It started last Friday with adding cereal to his 1/2 jar of breakfast fruit and now he is eating a full jar of food three times a day! Plus a healthy fruit snack in the mesh feeder, a few puffs, and the mum mums. I guess they really mean they will start eating when they are ready.

I think this weekend I will make some more food for him. I stopped making food and freezing it because he wasn't eating and I was throwing it all out. Unless he just doesn't like my cooking. LOL. who knows. I am just happy he is finally starting to enjoy eating.

I made him a scrambbled egg on Sunday night and you would have thought I gave him chocolate with the smile I got.

Any tips for helping to teach him to pick up and eat his puffs? He just can't seem to get the hang of it. Do you think it will be like the food he will just suddenly start doing it?

Re: H has finally begun to eat!!!

• Options
    imageKD288:

Any tips for helping to teach him to pick up and eat his puffs? He just can't seem to get the hang of it. Do you think it will be like the food he will just suddenly start doing it?

awww, so glad he's enjoying the food, it's SO cute to see them eat with such joy!  as far as picking up the puffs, I honestly think they will eventually learn, i tried to "teach" N to pick them up by first putting some in his mouth and them motioning to his hand/mouth...but it never really worked....then he started to get the hang of picking them up, but he kept hiding them in his palms...and finally one day there was hand to mouth contact!  YAY!  H will get the hang of it too soon enough... :o)

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Harrison looks so gorgeous in brown.  Just sayin'.

I am so happy to hear that he's starting to like eating!  Margaux is the same way... I mean the "not like" way, not the "like" way.  I was also worried that it was my cooking, lol!  Now I'll just wait a bit and see if she starts enjoying it more.

I think he'll probably just figure out the puffs on his own.   

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

KD.. how does he like the mesh feeders?  I have a couple, but C's not ready for that kind of food yet.   What do you give him in them?  Is it a huge mess?

So many questions.... :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks Pepper...he does look good in brown. heehee. Yeah just give it time apparently. I have to admit though he does like the jars of food which are mixed. Like corn and sweet potato or graden vegitables which is just peas, carrots, and spinich. Even the harvest beggies were a hit. So maybe it really is my cooking.

Bride...he LOVES the mesh feeder. I started with mango, but he didn't really get how it worked. Then around Easter I put a starwberry in it and BAM he sucked it dry! Then I tried watermelon, which he loves. Tried the mango again and that worked. For the last two days I have been putting pear in it because I haven't been able to get to the store and get more berries or melon. Give it try. He may surprise you.

Oh and yes strawberries are messy. When he is done he paints his tray with the juice. :-)

• Options
    imageKD288:

Any tips for helping to teach him to pick up and eat his puffs?

What about getting his hands a litle damp - or damp AND sticky with fruit juice or something. It would be messy, but might help him get them to his mouth. Regardless if he is very successful at the moment it is really good for his fine motor skills, so let him keep trying and just pop one in his mouth often enough to keep him happy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    this is good to know. Robby is nowhere near wanting food. maybe we'll try again in a few weeks
    Robby's Blog

Momma Bear
    Big - 1 year old
    Bigger - 6 years old
    Biggest - 13 years old

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yay H!

No advice about helping him eat puffs. At first M would just pick them up and hold them in his little fist. It took a while for him realize he could pick them up with his fingers and put them in his mouth.

Just practice.

• Options
    Yay Harrison!
    DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
  • Options

He will get the hang of it- no worries. I put half a dozen on Jace's tray while I heat his purees. He can put them in his mouth all by himself now.

I am so glad Harrison is eating again!

• Options
    Kristina- maybe it;s their age, Callie would eat the house if I let her..Great job H!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"