Pre-School and Daycare
Options

I may go to hell for this...

The preschools in our area are 99.% religious (the only public option is an all day, every day extended care setup), so DS attends at a local Lutheran school on M-W-F mornings from 9-11:30. We love the school and DS enjoys it, with one exception: regular Wednesday morning services in the chapel. We're not church goers, so DS isn't used to sitting still and listening to the sermon, and he hates it.

The other day DS told me he was nervous about starting kindergarten at a new (public) school next year. I tried to reassure him, but nothing was working. Then I said, "But you know what, buddy? At your new school, there is no chapel."

He looked at me with wide eyes and said, "They can do that? They can have a school with no chapel?" He's now super excited to attend his new school.

Angel

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I may go to hell for this...

• Options
    LOL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

What a shame that the school doesn't handle its religious curriculum in a more preschool-friendly way.

I kind of have the same situation.  We are not regular churchgoers, but the preschool where my kids have gone is religious.  They handle their bible curriculum very gently and make worship fun for the kids.  Like, they do the "Yay God!" cheer when anything good happens, etc.  The only thing I don't like is they don't do a Halloween party with costumes.  They have a "Harvest Party" -- lame!

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are in the SAME EXACT SITUATION. Lutheran school, goes to chapel. But the school is very nice and convenient (only 3 blocks away.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"