South Florida Babies
Options

Horrible headache

I've been having headaches on and off this week, but they have been disappearing after a couple of Tylenols.  However, last night, I woke at 2am w/ a horrible headache!  I took 2 Tylenols and fell asleep w/ an ice pack on my forehead.  This morning I woke up w/ it worse.  I can barely open my eyes.  I got to work super late b/c on top of the headache, the nasuea was kickin'.  I took 2 more Tylenols, but nothing!

Should I be concerned?  Anything to worry about?  I hate to feel like this, and don't want to over do it w/ the meds.

-- Jackie
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Horrible headache

• Options

It's just part of pregnancy =(

That's what my doc told me.  I NEVER had headaches or migraines and I've had several during this pregnancy.  I didn't take anything for them.  I just tried to nap it off. 

If you have other symptoms that accompany the headache, like blurred vision, then I'd call the doc.

• Options

I had those, too. :( Like Adri, my doctor just told me it's part of the package.

FWIW, I still get them every so often, but they've eased up quite a bit and definitely aren't every day. I think it was around 11 weeks when I noticed them getting better.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have a history of headaches.  When pregnant, it's 1000x worse.  I got them almost every day with this last pregnancy and they were horrible, I couldn't think or function.  Tylenol was a joke.  Try drinking some caffeine, it helps headaches, not because the headache is withdrawal or anything, just the caffeine itself helps get rid of headaches. 

My dr had prescribed a headache medicine but I was too chicken to take it. 

I'm sorry I know how awful it can be, I hope it gets better for you soon.

image image

• Options
    imageMrsLeanna:

I have a history of headaches.  When pregnant, it's 1000x worse.  I got them almost every day with this last pregnancy and they were horrible, I couldn't think or function.  Tylenol was a joke.  Try drinking some caffeine, it helps headaches, not because the headache is withdrawal or anything, just the caffeine itself helps get rid of headaches. 

My dr had prescribed a headache medicine but I was too chicken to take it. 

I'm sorry I know how awful it can be, I hope it gets better for you soon.

I was taking an Estrogen supplement, but stopped almost a wk ago, I was thinking it was prob the withdrawl of the medicine.  Guess not.  I too suffer from headaches since the age of 3, and caffeine does help.  I'll go grab a coke, even though I've been trying to stay away from caffeine all together.

Thanks!

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I hope you feel better soon. I wouldn't personally take anything more than tylenol, even if prescribed by the Dr. I'm a chicken like that. I would get hubby to give you a massage, try to relax with the lights off and an ice pack.

Pregnancy can do some weird things. I suffer from bad migraines and need to take prescription stuff. I used to get a bad one at least once a month. Then I got pregnant and I did not have one the entire time and 6 months later, still no migraines!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Feel better, Jackie :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hope you feel better soon. Headaches suck!
  • Options

imageMrsJessNJorge:
    Pregnancy can do some weird things. I suffer from bad migraines and need to take prescription stuff. I used to get a bad one at least once a month. Then I got pregnant and I did not have one the entire time and 6 months later, still no migraines!

I've read that pg has "cured" persay migraines from certain women... hope it is permanent for you!

This isn't a migraine, just really bad headache.  Very bothersome, even though the light does annoy me, and I am squinting a lot.  : (

-- Jackie
  • Options

Im sorry.. They stink.. I too used to suffer from migranes and after my kids I don't get them AT ALL anymore.

Of course my hair is not nearly as curly as it used to be either.. LOL All part of the strange things our bodies do.. But then again its pretty cool.

• Options
    Think of the headache as a little reminder of the miracles growing inside you!
  • Options
    AlbahAlbah member
    Oh no Jackie, does sound like it may be a migraine. Headaches are common in pregnancy. But if Tylenol is not helping you at all and you keep getting them frequently, I would tell Ob! I hope you feel better soon!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options

Drank some Coke w/ lunch, and it got a tiny bit better.  : )

-- Jackie
  • Options

FI suffers from headaches... Sometimes sipping gatoraid helps.

Hope you feel better!

DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I hope you feel better soon Jackie.
  • Options

Ditto pp

The caffeine used to help me.  I really restricted my caffeine intake while pregnant so I know where you're coming from.  When I got pregnant I stopped drinking coffee and soda.

But I never took any Tylenol when pregnant.  I used headaches as an excuse to drink a soda.  Nothing wrong with Tylenol.  I just figured I got more enjoyment out of the soda than a Tylenol! LOL

Hope your headache goes away.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would get the worst headaches when PG and would take tylenol for it.  SOmetimes it helped, most times it didn't.  Hope you feel better.  I know how difficult it can be to concentrate. 
  • Options

any thoughts on the prenatals you are taking?

I know for me I would suffer, take meds, coke, etc....and NADA, until I stopped the prenatals and WALA!

Dr thinks it was too much iron for me. So I switched to gummy vites...:)

HTH

Nicole MOM 2 MARIO & NICOLAS
  • Options
    imageprincess370:

any thoughts on the prenatals you are taking?

I know for me I would suffer, take meds, coke, etc....and NADA, until I stopped the prenatals and WALA!

Dr thinks it was too much iron for me. So I switched to gummy vites...:)

HTH

Well, first of all, I've been taking the same vitamins for over a yr now.  And secondly, ::hangs head in shame:: I've been terrible about taking them the past few wks!  They are making me nauseos, even when taking them at night.  

-- Jackie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"