South Florida Babies
Options

Multivitamin ?

What multivitamin do you give your LO? My pedi told me to give Cati polyvisole but she hates the stuff. I've tried giving it to her in small doses and she spits it out and starts gagging. I don't want to mix it in her with her milk because I don't want her to have a bad association. Any advice or suggestions?

Re: Multivitamin ?

• Options
    DS loves My Kidz Iron (not the My Kidz Iron 10). It has the word "iron" in the name but its a multivitamin. Our pedi recommended that one and said that it was better than polyvisol. I'm not sure if he said it was better for DS or better in general. Its not so easy to find but I always find it at the "Pill Box Pharmacy"
  • Options
    I give Nico the same one- polyvisol or maybe it's trivisol. I can't remember now. He doesn't like it that much either. I'm honestly not that great at giving it to him everyday. I thin the reason the pedi recommends it is because breastmilk is low in vitamin d. But I figure we go for walks each day so Nico gets enough from the sun.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMrsJessNJorge:
    I give Nico the same one- polyvisol or maybe it's trivisol. I can't remember now. He doesn't like it that much either. I'm honestly not that great at giving it to him everyday. I thin the reason the pedi recommends it is because breastmilk is low in vitamin d. But I figure we go for walks each day so Nico gets enough from the sun.

This exactly! Jess, I feel super guilty every time Salinero asks me if I've been giving it to her because I say yes, even though most of the time I forget. My cousin's main pedi is Llanso and her son is EBF too, and Llanso never told her to use any vitamins, so I figure it's somewhat okay if I am not ultra religious about giving it to her all the time. Emma gets a lot of sunlight because her crib is right next to a window and MIL keeps her in there playing a lot during the day with the curtains open so that light will come in. She also gets a daily walk. I hope it's not a huge parenting fail that I don't give her the vitamin all the time :(

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageSouthMiamiWifeJen:

imageMrsJessNJorge:

This exactly! Jess, I feel super guilty every time Salinero asks me if I've been giving it to her because I say yes, even though most of the time I forget. My cousin's main pedi is Llanso and her son is EBF too, and Llanso never told her to use any vitamins, so I figure it's somewhat okay if I am not ultra religious about giving it to her all the time. Emma gets a lot of sunlight because her crib is right next to a window and MIL keeps her in there playing a lot during the day with the curtains open so that light will come in. She also gets a daily walk. I hope it's not a huge parenting fail that I don't give her the vitamin all the time :(

Ok that's good to hear. I take Cati every day so she gets a decent amount of sunlight. I try to give her the vitamin but hate how she reacts to it. I feel guilty that she responds so horribly to it so I don't give it to her every day. 

• Options
    AlbahAlbah member
    It is such a pain to give the little ones vitamins. I also give polyvisol but not very good at giving it since E squints every time he gets it. I try to give it to him in the shower when he is a bit more entertained. Plus, that stuff smells terrible so the excess gets washed off during bath time.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I'd try putting it in the milk just once to see the reaction.  I can't get her to drink it any other way.  I put it in her milk and she drinks it up just fine.  If the reaction is bad then you don't have to do it again.  She gets a dropper full every day and loves her milk. 
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Oh, I also used to mix it in her pureed food when she was younger.  I know your LO isn't up to purees yet, but just something to think about for a little bit down the road.  She never minded it in her favorite foods. 

I wouldn't put a full serving though in any food - I would put little bits in all of her food so she couldn't taste it. 

I would always try all of her food - the vitamins are gross.  I don't blame them for not liking them.  

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We never did vitamins since I BF and we got some sun at least 3 times a week.

His iron levels were fine at 12 months too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I give Nick the Poly-vi-sol in his formula and he takes it down.  It doesn't bother him a bit. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"